• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Joeebevann

Base model clocks -> GTI/XS Etc.

Joeebevann

Has anybody got a wiring pin out for the base model dash loom?

Would just make my life easier when converting the base model clocks to the higher spec GTI/XS etc.

I have done the conversion before by just plugging in a Xs dash loom into the base model fuse board. However, I’m trying to avoid that as I don’t have another loom, just the plugs for the clocks and some of the plugs on the fuse box side were different. 

Thanks in advance.

DamirGTI

With an base model wiring loom , it's a bit harder to fit GTI clocks .. i've done that once but , had to make an length of wiring for the sensor/senders by myself and plug that on the clocks/clusters to make them work . Tried mixing/swapping terminals on the cluster connectors but got nowhere ! some of the gauges did appeared to work by mixing the wires but not all of them .

If you're not patient or good with the wiring , i'd suggest sourcing the GTi dash wiring loom which will make it plug-and-play job . Otherwise , prepare to make the necessary wiring loom for the sensors/senders by yourself , as there's really no other way to do it !

Some of the GTI clusters pinout of the connectors can be found here :

.. and posted on some other places on the forum , try searching the forum via google , it'll find more precise topics than the forum search function .

D