• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Crescent205

Took delivery of a new addition today! 1.9 8v rally car, I know the car well and on its last outing it was getting hot and this happened after the previous owner just fitted a Baker BM short wide rad. Having looked at it today i'm not 100% the plumbing is right! Has anyone got pictures of the plumbing set up on a 8v on std injection or can explain where every hose goes? Oh and one other thing not sure if it makes a difference or not but its running the black expansion tank. Thanks in advance!!!!

pug_ham

This is the circuit layout for the 8v GTI engine with hose diameter for the jubilee clips marked for each end.

post-71-1194308132_thumb.jpg

g

• Thanks 1

Crescent205

Perfect, just what I needed! Thanks Graham, I've just had a look and as suspected there are some wrong pipes. Mine currently comes out of the right hand side of header tank into throttle body and the top of the rad goes into the other side of the throttle body. As you can see on the pics i have a short pipe from thermostat housing going into the top left of the header. Do i need to run the cooling through the throttle body? seems like quite a big flow restrictor.

205 bay 1.jpg

205 bay 2.jpg

pug_ham

I have mine set up to remove the pipes to the throttle body, you don't need them in our uk climate imo & there are a few on here that have deleted them for simlicity iirc.

Mine is as exactly as the diagram I posted.

g

Crescent205

Cheers Graham! I copied yours yesterday, left out the throttle body and its now even bleeding itself as 205's do! Its got a radtek radiator on it with their own fan on it but i'm not convinced it man enough for the job, time will tell i guess.