• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Telf

Exterior trim fitting

Telf

On Saturday I'm going to refit all.my exterior trim. I've got 2 trim.kits that has alot of different parts in it.  Any advice about what clips are used where would be grand as I don't want to have to ever remove it again!

Gaz205

The barb washers are obv for the inside of the wings to secure the lugs on the arch trims, don't forget the 2 that go through the front bumper on each side.

the hollow cup type things are for the holes in the wings for the lugs to go through.

the thin metal things with the hole in the middle are for the rivets they go on so the centre is against the door/quarter and the rest is away from the panels. 

I think it's black plastic tabs that protrude through your door trim and quarter trim in the holes in your trim pieces, and the barbed peg type things secure on the rear of your arch trim below your side repeater to hold that part of the trim to the wing.

sorry if that makes no sense!

• Thanks 1

Telf

So in the end I didn't fit the metal anti rattle clips. Bloody hateful things. After the paintwork started getting scratched I thought ' f**k this!'

Telf

It all seems pretty secure without anyway

Gaz205

Yeah they will be fine I'm sure!