• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Happy Dane

Tu5jp4s rebuild and conversion

Happy Dane

Hello all.

I have dismantled the engine, and have a few questions.

First, there is a topic where they remove the original filter and mount a filter direct on the block. I am conserned of this as the oilpressure relieve valve is in the removed oulfilter house. Is there a valve in the oil pump ?

There is evidence of the intake valves hitting the pistons. The timing was correct. What kind of rpm could make marks on the piston crown, without making major damage ? 

Will do a minor porting on the head, as I believe there is a large improvement in the flow, as it looks rough with casting marks. Is this right ?

The engine will run with a unlocked ecu from a vts, but without the alloy intake. The injectors is from a vts. Exhaust manifold is the 4,2,1 and intake is with cold intake, using KN filter. No cat.

Any bids on the power to be expected ?

Thanks for your reply 

SRDT
17 minutes ago, Happy Dane said:

There is evidence of the intake valves hitting the pistons

I have read somewhere that too much pressure on the hydraulic lifters can do this.

welshpug

relief valve is in the oil pump, I have not heard of one in the later oil filter housing?

Happy Dane

Thanks for your replys.

The valve in the oilfilter house could be a by pass if the filter is clogged, but the return is through the engine block to the sump...

Its only the intake valve that has touched the pistons. They can be lapped in shape again . Still working on the details..

Happy Dane

Engine is dismantled and inspected. the relief valve was in the pump. Thanks Welshpug. Have begun the porting of the head. This is my first 16 valve Pug head, and the ports looks a bit strange on the intake side. The is a large area in the midle port that is flat and looks like its disturbing the flow. I would love to see the work of Sandy... Have done porting mostly on classic mini heads and motorcykle engines. Thinking of making this area more smooth .. any suggestions ?

Beside that the engine has covered around 90 thousend miles, and is in good shape besides the damage from small amounts of water in cylinder 1 and 2, and two lifters with pitting in the crome. Cams are in good shape, and have the right messurements and the crank is in prime condition. have done the hone of the bores, and inspected the oil pump. new bearings in being fitted. still working on the details ! fotos will come as soon as i am ready with the basic. cheers

Happy Dane

The head is ready for being assembled. Have done the ports for a road engine. The intake is not polished but looks shiny..Block is ready for assembly.

20190422_123910.jpg

20190422_123933.jpg

Happy Dane

Engine and gearbox is rebuild and ready. Have just purchased the last GTI fuel tank in Denmark.. Last problem is the wiring that has been a challenge as the wiring diagram is hard to get..Still working on the Citroen service box..:blink: regards