• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Telf

Rear Beam brake brackets

Telf

Hi all,

I am missing the brake line brackets for the rear brakes

Specifically  the bracket the supports the rigid pipe after the compensator as it joins the flexible hose (both sides) and the bracket on the trailing arms that supports the hand brake cables and I think the rigid hose

Looking on service box I cannot see them listed- does anybody know if there is a part number for these brackets or a picture of them would be handy so I can show the person who striped my car and axle down and has lost them.

any help would be great

welshpug

is it 1.9 or 1.6?

jackherer

It's the 1.9 in his signature.

Tom Fenton

Two I’ve got, off a 1.9, one has got an extra non standard hole drilled in it, other than that it looks like they are the same so not sided. Not for sale I’m afraid but they are very simple and wouldn’t take much to make something.

B38AA0C6-7191-4E32-AA69-38DD6A0452F5.jpeg

farmer

Stew has a new one of mine I will nudge him to make them if poss 

merlin15

Hi

Can anyone suggest how to repair the stud that fixes these brackets as mine has sheared. Is it captive to the body and therefore a new bolt could be welded to the body?

F Reg 1.9 GTI that has been my lockdown project to get back on the road. Pre MOT picked up rigid to flex brake pipe bracket missing with cable ty fitted as the bracket bolt / stud is sheared.

Tom Fenton
11 hours ago, merlin15 said:

Hi

Can anyone suggest how to repair the stud that fixes these brackets as mine has sheared. Is it captive to the body and therefore a new bolt could be welded to the body?

F Reg 1.9 GTI that has been my lockdown project to get back on the road. Pre MOT picked up rigid to flex brake pipe bracket missing with cable ty fitted as the bracket bolt / stud is sheared.

Find the boss of the stud from inside the car. Centre punch it accurately then drill and tap it M6. Fit a low head set screw from the inside and secure it with Loctite. Under the car you have a nice shiny new stud, inside there is a screw head that no one will ever see under the rear seat.

pug_ham

When this happened on one of mine, i simply did as Tom suggests, drilled it out & tapped it with an M6 thread.

I the used a normal M6 head bolt in this thread so the threads were protected from the elements.

g