• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Telf

Hi all. I've managed to snap the plastic connection off the top of my new radiator  whilst trying unwisely to force Baker BM silicon hose to fit. It's one on the driver's side. Has anybody ever repaired this kind of thing?

Id rather not have to buy another one if possible!

Telf

I was thinking maybe I could remove the plastic from the old radiator and swap it over as they appear to be identical parts. Both Nissan as far as I can tell

jackherer

How clean is the break? I've used epoxy resin to fix exactly that problem and it lasted for years.

Telf

Yeah it's shear along the flat surface mate

jackherer

If you can hold it in place and build up enough araldite it'll be OK.

Alternatively you could block it off entirely, it'll be harder to bleed the system without it but that's all that pipe is for.

Tom Fenton

I’ve also used arsldite, I drilled the hole a touch bigger and used a bit of steel pipe to reinforce the repair.

steve@cornwall

Got a spare inlet manifold? the vacuum take off can be unscrewed and screwed into place in the rad. cant remember if i had to drill the hole larger, but i do temember it cut its own thread. 

Telf

Cheers guys. So I drilled into the broken pipe and the radiator and inserted a piece of brake pipe. Pushed it in and bonded it all up. This all happened because I tried to fit a baker BM silicon hose. It's slightly wider diameter than standard. The rad has a plastic lip under the connection nipple switch put pressure on the connection snapping it when  the pipe was fitted.

I've also ground the lip off to give more room to fit the pipe

Telf

Pipe fitted . It appears to be holding fine

Miles

Come across this allot on that fitting, it's a case of chopping the rad under the hose connection of taking some off the pipe, If supplied now I tend not to fit it for that reason, The last Nissens rad I got as well has changed too, thinner and a different core.

I know when I had a SC conversion carried out Rich changed the top outlet