• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Telf

Hi all. 

I'm after some advice about the SAD in terms of removing it. My rebuilt engine is going to be running on an Emerald ECU so I'm hoping to sort the cold start via the Map. 

My question is two fold. Is this possible-has anybody done this and was it successful? Also what do I do about the associated pipework? Do I just remove it and blank the points it goes to?

Thanks

Paul

Edited by Telf

boldy205

I should think the pipework can just be blocked off. Not sure about the wiring though?

jackherer

Just blank it off. Emerald will know how to set the idle and cold start up, they've done loads of 205s.

• Like 1

Richie-Van-GTi

Let me know how you get on Paul, I'm doing a motronic conversion so machined the plenum to accept a GTi6 idle control valve so bypassing the SAD as well. Also fitted a MAP sensor and GTI6 throttle body to keep all the sensors correct for the conversion.

Without going and checking the pile of parts in storage I suspect a temp sensor is in the SAD housing? Hoping if that is correct I can put it in the thermo housing in place of the stop light switch.

Edited by Richie-Van-GTi

Telf

Seems to run with no issue to be honest. I'll have to see how cold weather start goes but so far.on basic settings it runs straight to a steady idle speed without the SAD. Pipes from the plenum chamber and throttle body inlet have been blanked off

Andy

Hi. If you look at the Emerald guide, Dave gives some detailed instructions on how to map for cold starts and cold running. It does take several days to do this as you only have a few minutes each day when you are starting from cold. However, it does work really well once properly mapped. If you look at my build thread from a couple of years ago, you  can see a little of what I did regarding* pipework. As for wiring, I removed the original Jetronic wiring in total and made a new mini loom  for the sensors, starting , charging and reversing light, so the SAD wiring went  in the same bi as the rest of the loom