• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
xstian

Bottom engine mount

xstian

Ive just finished refitting a xud9 back into my van. When I got the van the mounts where shot, so Ive replaced them all. Someone gave me a viba technics bottom mount so thought I may as well use it. I took the van out today for the first time and it is very vibey, the dash was rattling around loads on idle,  well more than normal. I assume this mount is probably causing this? Being a diesel it maybe worse than a petrol?

Tom Fenton

Give it 500-1000 miles to bed in if its a new lower bush. Never used a Viba Technics one, but the BBM ones are very "buzzy" at first, but do settle down nicely.

xstian

I'll give it a bit of time and see if it improves. At the moment though it is worse than it was with the knackered mounts.

boldy205

Might be worth double checking nothing's touching the body/sub frame. But apart from that, I enjoy the rattles!

xstian
12 hours ago, boldy205 said:

Might be worth double checking nothing's touching the body/sub frame. But apart from that, I enjoy the rattles!

I've got a feeling the exhaust is touching the gear linkage, so need to get it on some ramps and see what's happening. 

boldy205

That's going to be a contributing factor!

dcc

The mechanical pump diesel engine is probably the worst thing to have mounted solid in a 205 haha

I personally would have gone down the route of new genuine items, or BBM as mentioned.

welshpug

I'd agree with dans sentiments there, the mirrors were impossible to use!