• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Adamstanford

Removing weber twin 40s from a 1.6

Adamstanford

I understand this is a step back in the performance world, but as a daily driver the noise is too much. I'd like to put on a standard inlet manifold. 

So a) would anyone like to purchase a perfectly tuned set of twin 40 DCOE webers? And all associated parts and 

B. what parts will I need to put this thing back to standard, quiet mode. 

I know I'll need an inlet manifold, throttle body, gasket, ecu, fuel injectors and rail. 

Anything else I'm missing? 

Thijs_Rallye

A decent airbox and air filter makes a world of difference in regards of sound emission. Might be worth considering first.

• Thanks 1

Adamstanford
2 hours ago, Thijs_Rallye said:

A decent airbox and air filter makes a world of difference in regards of sound emission. Might be worth considering first.

Do you think it's worth doing this over replacing with the injection setup? On a daily driver? Where could I get such an airbox? Thanks

jackherer

There have been a couple of threads on here about making throttle bodies quieter, the same principles apply to carbs.

• Thanks 1

Adamstanford

Immensely helpful, thank you. I may try this pipercross px600 kit first.. Before doing anything drastic!! Lot of money for a bit of plastic though! 

Adamstanford
On 3/6/2019 at 10:37 AM, jackherer said:

There have been a couple of threads on here about making throttle bodies quieter, the same principles apply to carbs.

Right. So gonna get the px600 I think. Do we reckon 75mm or 100mm air inlet pipe? 

welshpug

75mm even is overkill.

Thijs_Rallye

One word of advice, ditch the "sock" that comes with it. It is highly restrictive.

Adamstanford
On 3/6/2019 at 10:37 AM, jackherer said:

Still up in the air, will definitely get an airbox, if I keep the 1.6, but I may be tempted by the gti6 conversion so watch this space!! 

Thanks for the advice, get the 75mm, ditch the sock. Maybe make a second airbox myself for the ducting to go into?