• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Richie-Van-GTi

Roof mounted dab antenna

Richie-Van-GTi

Has anyone put a DAB antenna on their roof? Hoping to find one that replaces the standard set up but still looks pretty correct

4ll5op

I'd be interested in this as I don't use FM radio anymore and my DAB aerial is a windscreen mounted one.  The roof ones are ment to give better reception apparently.  There are plenty on eBay just not sure if they're any good. 

4ll5op

for about £10 its worth a try i guess. but if i remember my FM aerial was crap anyway. would this mean the DAB signal would be aswell?

B1ack_Mi16

I think I read that the DAB adapter would work best or should be used with approxmately 30cm long antennas. I suppose you can always change the regular antenna cable, base and the antenna itself if your old one is in bad shape, but maybe you can only change the antenna itself?

Only thing I know is that it works ok when I tried it with the car stationary in my garage.

4ll5op

i dont use FM radio i am just worried that if my aerial is in bad shape i wont get a good signal but if not ill put it in my bmw tbh

petert

Depends what frequency you guys use for DAB. In Australia, we're typically 202-210MHz. I think UK is 220MHz? Even so, that's still approx. double the frequency of FM, which here is 88-108MHz. Thus a quarter wave FM aerial makes an excellent half wave DAB aerial. ie why change what you already have?

jackherer

The original coax cable is the weak spot, I put a brand new stereo and a brand new genuine Peugeot aerial and base in my 205 but the radio was still useless until I put a new plug on the original coax cable, the original had very high resistance due to age related corrosion. It's a lot better now but I think it needs to have the entire length of cable replaced ideally.

Richie-Van-GTi

Will give one of the converters a go, most the roof mounts I find require a 19mm hole and probably won't sit on the curve of the rook correctly