• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
East_Hud

Locking Wheel Nut Help

East_Hud

My random/semi drunken eBay purchase is missing the locking wheel nut key. I phoned the dealer to ask about getting a replacement wheel nut key. He gave the usual sigh and the computer is going slow routine so clearly didn’t have a clue.

l have this set on the car 

5C521F11-99AA-44F6-ABF6-6A519E76A8EF.thumb.jpeg.e4dcd66e2b62b80ca36ab389925c92f8.jpeg

I don’t have the code that goes with it sadly. Does anyone know if you can get a replacement? I’d like to go this route before going down the removal route. Long shot maybe I know.

Cheers

Tom Fenton

If anyone could buy a key without the proper code then they wouldn't be much of a security device would they?

Chisel the c**ts off.

• Like 1

East_Hud

Yeah I know, was just wondering if anyone had had any joy with Peugeot.

Had a proper battle last time I had a set of Saab ones to remove!

jackherer

Just hammer a sacrificial socket over the centre part and that type tends to come off quite easily.

You could try looking at used Peugeot/Citroen locking bolt keys on ebay to see if there is one with the pins in the right position.

East_Hud

Cheers, yes there was one on the bay that looked almost the same so ordered that yesterday.

Though things hardly ever go that easy with me and cars.....so trying to keep all avenues open!

East_Hud

Hammered a socket over the end for the win.

AED47FC2-4B3A-418F-9359-101C34453FA1.thumb.jpeg.d42d8b0889cf125eea6d8ac923e38405.jpeg

• Haha 1

jackherer

I had to take some off of a C4 recently and they have made the bit you hammer a socket onto taper down to almost nothing so it would just snap off if you tried to use it that way.

There is also a bevel on the next part down so everything just slips off of that.

502070264_ScreenShot2019-02-22at14_34_26.png.717a42570feae56e105422351415df55.png

Tom Fenton

Air chisel usually does the job if there is access. Otherwise drill into the middle and bash a big torx bit in.