• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

East_Hud

1.6 Auto Non Starting - Immobiliser.

East_Hud

Afternoon....

Just purchased a K reg 1.6 automatic 205. Absolute bargain and very low miles.

However there are some issues...Mainly that it Wont start. The car came from an estate sale from an old lady who sadly passed away. The family could not find the keys. The seller said the car would not start due to the lack of keys as the immobiliser is active. He said the car does start with carb cleaner in the intake, which he showed when we picked the car up. Luckily the key number was with the paperwork so I’ve spoken to Peugeot and they can supply a re cut key which is good. However this won’t solve the immobiliser issue as I don’t have the plipper ( or whatever dearmed the immobiliser). There is an LED on the dash but it is not lit/flashing.

Ive attached an old 306 barrel and key in the meantime (using the 205 ignition wiring) which works fine. Once the key is turned I cannot hear the fuel pump priming which I assume is the said immobiliser doing its thing. 

So I’d like to bypass the immobiliser to get it running. I’m aware this is a subject that shouldn’t be discussed on an open forum so I was hoping somebody could possibly message me with some instructions on how to do this? I’d be very much appreciative.

I don’t have a multi metre to check feeds etc sadly and am aware fuel pump relays can be dodgy too and could also be the pump itself. At this point I’d just like to eliminate the immobiliser from the equation. 

Also if anyone knows how to get a replacement locking wheel nut key without the code I’d be very happy!

Cheers

541B2590-0DCD-4101-9CEC-FE736153BBCC.thumb.jpeg.01d02fdd505ecc4b6f80c1639fbe8fae.jpegH

sp_en_ny

Several years ago I had stating issues, as part of the elimination process a cable was connected to the starter motor and then you touched the other end of the cable to the battery, obviously you need the ignition turned on whilst doing it.

• Thanks 1

East_Hud

I’m really struggling to find this immobiliser box. I’ve stripped out the dash and can’t find any splices. I really don’t want to lift the seats and carpets if I can help it. Anyone Pm any ideas as to where the stealers fitted these?

The only stuff I’ve found is the led in the dash which runs to the siren box 8n the engine bay. 

706D94E6-A2A8-4114-BAD2-3507CA5C5E2E.thumb.jpeg.7a83380d30a8a0762bdb45cb4917960f.jpeg

This has a ground to the chassis, a wire to the shunt box and the last wire goes to this blue connector which has been placed onto a loom section at the front of the bay..

454F28E1-D000-4190-BE50-F82CDEF3619B.thumb.jpeg.3962e524f64bac47df3540e8d3775db9.jpeg

The blue connecter has the alarm wire coming off it but then the thicker wire carries on after the split and appears to terminate into the radiator plug.

anyone have any suggestions? I’m pretty s*it at wiring as you can guess but am learning, every day is a school day.

cheers

SRDT

If it's aftermarket then there is no real problem with helping you here, it's like a car with faulty wiring.

The alarm must cut the electrical fuel pump, for a carb or L-Jetronic engine it could also be the ignition.

Do you have a carb (XU51C) or injection (XU5M) engine?

East_Hud

Thanks for the reply, 99% sure it’s xu5m..

53822320-DD2E-4C8F-A51A-79F1B0934C96.thumb.jpeg.cbf6885cb3cb2ddb5c59690018f24126.jpeg

Seller started it with carb cleaner in the intake so Immobiliser must be on fuel pump somewhere. I have the whole dash out and cant see any splices....

SRDT

Yep, that's a XU5M.

I can't find the Peugeot wiring diagrams for this 205 so you will have to do with the 309 ones, it should be really close anyway:

https://issuu.com/lamicale309/docs/schemas_electriques_309

Page 70 and 71, "pompe à essence" is fuel pump, the immo must be somewhere on those wires.

• Like 1

East_Hud

Thanks so much for those, time to get digging!

DamirGTI

Screenshot from 2019-02-24 18-31-48.png

• Thanks 1

Richie-Van-GTi

just stripped an immobiliser out of mine, they had cut into wire 76 between the tachy relay and the fuseboard, assuming yours has the same fuseboard it will be at the back right corner, yellow 2 pin plug. One side of the plug goes to the relay the other to the fuel pump. Probe it for voltage whilst plugged in, if it gets some voltage then its spliced between pump and fusebox. If not then its between ecu and relay or relay and fuseboard.

• Thanks 1

East_Hud

Thanks for the replies...hopefully some more daylight will see her running!..

Miles

Is it in 'P' or the starter inhibit switch could be fauly

• Thanks 1

East_Hud

Ah that’s a shout, it is in park......Is the power to the pump cut off if it’s not in park/inhibiter switch faulty?

cheers

jackherer

I'm pretty sure it just interrupts the starter solenoid signal.

• Thanks 1