• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
xstian

Fitting 306 front shocks on 205

xstian

I've bought a set of 306 shocks to fit to my 205. The ARB tab is in a different place and fowls the brake line bracket which I kind of knew before buying them. However Kam racing sell these on their website and claim they're a direct fit even though the tab is in the wrong place.

https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tuning/peugeot/peugeot-205/suspension/peugeot-205-bilstein-b4-dampers-gti-fast-road-setup.html

Now before I go to the effort of having the tabs cut and welded, am I missing some thing? Can I swap the shocks so left shock is on the right hand side, although this looks like it may make thing worse? Can I cut off the locating tab and rotate the whole shock in the hub?

Richie-Van-GTi

the tab is in the same place, the brake line holder is what is wrong. 

acox99

The 306 one is straight and face the inner wing where as 205 ones angled and are biased towards the rear. I made up a spacer for the drop link to get it back inline. Don’t weld them as they are high pressure gas and will possibly go bang. 

xstian
46 minutes ago, acox99 said:

The 306 one is straight and face the inner wing where as 205 ones angled and are biased towards the rear. I made up a spacer for the drop link to get it back inline. Don’t weld them as they are high pressure gas and will possibly go bang. 

The tab on the shock fowls the brake line bracket. The bracket on my car looks to be in a different location to the ones on a GTi.

I think I'm going to move the brake line bracket rather than weld the shock. 

jackherer

What model 205 do you have?

I fitted original 205 GTI shocks onto a CTI once and the ARB tabs hit the brake brackets.

I had to cut the brake line brackets off and reweld them in the GTI position.

xstian

It's a diesel van. I assumed they were all the same, but obviously not. 

It's not a big deal, but just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious.