• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Adamstanford

Damp near a pillar!

Adamstanford

Noticed when getting in the car this morning water dripping from the a pillar trim drivers side. The headlining at the top of the a pillar trim is wet, near the windscreen and right up to the door seal, about a fingers width.. What is a likely culprit here? Door seal or windscreen seal? Thanks

Adamstanford

Found it. Seems to be some rubber tab, possibly where the lining of the sunroof trim goes into the roof.. Will pull more out tomorrow 

DSC_0081.JPG

Tom Fenton

That's the sunroof drain tube that takes water from around the sunroof and drains it down to the floor

Callum

The seal between the roof and sunroof frame is leaking on mine might be worth checking yours while the headlining is down 

Adamstanford

It's that little rubber bung above the tube that's leaking. Don't know it's purpose! 

Callum

What's on the otherside of the bung? Mine doesn't have that perhaps it's a hole where an after market wind deflector had been fitted then the hole was poorly sealed off 

AlexRS2782
On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:45 AM, Callum said:

The seal between the roof and sunroof frame is leaking on mine might be worth checking yours while the headlining is down 

Same here - looks like the recent cold snap finally finished off the seals on the frame on mine as the headlining is soaking :(

Always had a small amount of water ingress in heavy rain but it's wet as anything now - yet another job added to the ever growing list.

Callum

I've got this to replace it;

Screenshot_20190210-191811_eBay.jpg

Edited by Callum