• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Richie-Van-GTi

1991 1.6 resto job

Philpooma

Just read through your project, nice work, will be great to see it in full paint.

Richie-Van-GTi

Slowly making its way through the body shop now, stonechip renews and in final prime, should be painted Tuesday. Can't wait.

received_319496358718250.jpeg

received_439888129912017.jpeg

received_595488667632127.jpeg

received_407244466494847.jpeg

Robbiedundy

Looks great, kinda wish I kept mine standard. Might rip it apart again :P

Nikofreak

Damn hot :wub:

Richie-Van-GTi

Finally got a bit more done on this. All stonechipped, engine and box sat in, new fuel lines in, pedal box and servo in, floor painted inside and slam panel on.

Will be on hold again now since my daily got wrote off so I don't have a tow car to get this out of storage for a bit.

IMG_20191005_192739.jpg

Richie-Van-GTi

Started doing a few more bits. Got the glass and winders etc back in, dash is 85% in, missing a few clips, sorted slam panel, rads fans and bonnet pull etc. Slow progress but all in the right direction.

IMG_20200112_132628.jpg

IMG_20200112_160153.jpg

• Like 1

Leslie green

Looks great now and making progress is the main thing .

Gsxrmick1984

Looking lovely. Phase 2 black gti.. one of my favourite cars 

Richie-Van-GTi

Finally getting back to this, been hard as had some health issues which mean I can't drive for 6 months and the car is 10 miles away in storage. Massive thanks to Chris (417mi) who's been helping me go up and do the odd hour here and there even though I'm not supposed to work in the storage place.IMG_20200825_132901.jpg

IMG_20200825_132956.jpg

Richie-Van-GTi

Cheeky one with Chris' car parked next to it.

IMG_20200826_160351.jpg

IMG_20200826_161905.jpg

Richie-Van-GTi

Little bit more done today, got the trims back on, red inserts still to do.

Mounted the seatbelt reels and fit the wiper linkage and vac hoses as well.

Realised I am missing some interior trim bits around the quarter windows so ordered them. Hopefully have it ready for seats by end of next week.

IMG_20200828_122635.jpg

Richie-Van-GTi

Little bit more progress again. Looking like a GTi again, rear beam is off while it has a bit of an overhaul, fix a rear caliper and set the height back to standard again.

IMG_20200831_111559.jpg

IMG_20200831_111609.jpg

• Like 1

Richie-Van-GTi

Rear beam came apart nice and easy, happy to find it has very low mileage bearings, shafts and seals on there so must of been rebuilt not long before it was parked up. Just wheel bearings to swap, give it a lick of paint, grease it all up before refitting with new calipers and hoses.IMG_20200831_154648.jpg

IMG_20200831_154636.jpg

Richie-Van-GTi

Quick lick of hammerite, new grease, new wheel bearings, new calipers and pipework. 

IMG_20200904_161833.jpg

• Like 1

cybernck

Stunning work!

Has your health been better lately?

Richie-Van-GTi
On 5/13/2021 at 5:36 AM, cybernck said:

Stunning work!

Has your health been better lately?

Hi, sorry barely been on here. Health has been as well as it can be, had to have a defribilator put in me because my own wiring is dodgy.

Will get some pics and update this thread ASAP

Richie-Van-GTi

Long time since i updated this.

So, i got he car up and running on an mp5.2 ecu from a 306 xsi 2.0 16v but obviously wasnt optimal.

I then stumbled across the same ecu from a 1.6 8v 306 so i switched to that, had to make a few changes to the relay wiring but it ran for a while.

It then started firing badly, kicking back and refusing to rev. I suspected a wiring issue but decided to throw my toys out the pram with standard peugeot ECU stuff, mainly because it limited the people who could map it to one.

Car has now been completely rewired for an adaptronic ECU with wideband lambda and a map sensor, got this fired up for the first time a couple of days ago. Very happy it sprang to life on the first attempt.

Needs a lot of tweaking before its ready for a rolling road but its on course to be out this year, not seen the road since 2009.

IMG20220319145641.jpg

IMG20220319153825.jpg

• Like 1