• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gavin Waddell

Dkz and d6b differences

Gavin Waddell

Some if you might of seen my other posts about mp3.1 looms, now I am wanting to covert my car  to run 3.1 unfortunately it is. 1.6 b6d engine if I am correct. Which I have been told is not great for 3.1 A’s it used run 1.9 engines.

now unfortunately over here in Switzerland we only got dkz eqgins which our the 122bhp? These seem to have a lower comps ratio than d6b if I am right . Does this difference come from piston dish I am assuming and not cylinder head shape( cheaper to make different pistons than heads ?)

if i was to take a dkz head  and skim it a bit and stick a d6b cam in there would I technically have a d6b 130bhp engine? 

Which i could the run off mp3.1? 

And possibly stick a 285 cam and vernir later down the line ?

is what I am thinking about right. Not a real engine wizard soif some one could confirm or point me inthe right direction please would Ben much appreciate.

Thanks Gavin 

SRDT

It seems the D6E engine from the ZX 1.9i is using DKZ pistons to run with 95 octane, the MP3.1 is much better than the LE2-Jetronic so the HP stays at 130 with a bit more torque.

DamirGTI

The (lost) compression ratio difference between D6B and DKZ is indeed , in the piston crown dish depth :

.. 15cc D6B vs 17cc DKZ piston dish volume if i remember ?! Peter will know precise !

D

Edited by DamirGTI

petert

Yes, D6B is 15cc dish, DKZ is 16cc dish. Yes, if you skim 1mm off the head and fit a D6B cam, you'd have a sweet engine. I think that ends up at approx. 10:1.

RobG

Does anyone know which EEC Emission Standard the D6B ran under?

1.9 D6E XU9JAK - 15.04 , Moderate emission standard
1.9 DKZ XU9JAZ - US 83 ; EEC Severe emission standards

SRDT

Probably 15.04 too:

On the 16 June 1983 the Council adopted a directive (83/351/CEE) based on Regulation 15.04 of UN/ECE. This directive is to apply from 1st october 1986