• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Krash67

BE 3 conversion to hydraulic clutch

Krash67

Any body done the conversion?

SRDT

The Talbot Horizon had a BE1 with hydraulic clutch, it works the same way that a BE4 one.

107_6161-53a3a7b.jpg

DSC00150.jpg

Maybe the Talbot Unit can bolt on a early BE3.

Richie-Van-GTi

Thats a BE1 with hydraulic clutch as far as I know in first picture and be4 in second.

Not sure if you can put a be1 bellhousing and fork on a be3 box then use the be4 hydraulics with it to acheive the above. I think biggest issue may be the pedal.

Edited by Richie-Van-GTi

welshpug

early be3 cases still had the hole for the be1 style clutch arm.

SRDT

The regular BE3 case is older than the BE3 itself as the later BE1 used it too, the problem is that it may not be fully machined for the early BE1 setup.

42208a13a90604657a4783775e438524.jpg

Another way of doing this is to use the XU10J4/XUD9TE pull type clutch, with this one the slave cylinder can sit on the gearbox and push the lever.

Krash67

I have two idea's.

1) I'm thinking of grinding out the boss casting where ether BE1 mounting boss is on the BE3. The welding a arm onto the BE3 for arm to its protrudes out the casing side. Then using a push salve cylinder.

2) utilising a wildwood pull type actuator and using the existing clutch arm and anchoring the cylinder at one end. The cylinder roughly located where the existing clutch cable passes through the top part of the casting.

Ozymandis
1 hour ago, Krash67 said:

I'm thinking of grinding out the boss casting where ether BE1 mounting boss is on the BE3. The welding a arm onto the BE3 for arm to its protrudes out the casing side.

What?

I just looked at three BE3 boxes from the mid 90`s all have the correct machining if you want to use hydraulics with them.

Krash67

I was referring to this part here, where from images i have seen with the BE1 is where the push slave cylinder sits . The gearbox I have is the same as the picture, however grinding this thin section of casting out, can utilise the opening and the two threaded bosses above and below as the mounts.

BE3.jpg.82002d21c9657e9b0613980d5247e352.jpg

Edited by Krash67

Richie-Van-GTi

What are you doing about the pedal?

Krash67
On 2/17/2019 at 6:04 PM, Richie-Van-GTi said:

What are you doing about the pedal?

Pedal Box

762241948_Photo17-02-2019155101.thumb.jpg.752b8c2dd3b1c75dc1480e6ad50a3145.jpg

• Like 1