• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Callum

Where can I buy a new tps?

Callum

I've tried a couple motorfactors and no joy does anyone know where i can buy a new one? Could someone give me the part number as well thanks 

Callum

I've found a part number for it and can get one for £52 + vat from part alliance, also when I googled the number auto doc has them as well, which is the best brand to go for?

Edited by Callum

jackherer

Bosch is OEM but it's just two microswitches as opposed to a potentiometer so a pattern part should be fine.

Callum

Okay thanks out of curiosity what's the difference? When I gave parts alliance the part number 1628g4 they said throttle potentiometer 

Edited by Callum

jackherer

Almost all cars use a potentiometer so they are just assuming that's what they are selling. If the part number matches it will be a switch.

The difference is that a potentiometer or throttle position sensor can read 0% throttle, 100% throttle or any other value in between there whereas a throttle position switch turns on for 0% throttle or 100% throttle but if it isn't at either of those positions the ECU just knows that it is somewhere in between those two points.

1628G4 is the Peugeot part number, it's a Bosch part in the Peugeot box and the Bosch part number is 0 280 120 327.

Callum

Can't find a bosch one, what are the reviews like for facet and hella?

DamirGTI

Facet is Italian brand , been using facet quite a bit but mainly for the dizzy caps and rotor arms .. cheap but decent made , myself had no issues using facet parts .

Hella is German , kinda pricey , but also better quality/durability .

Over here i can find OE Bosch switch new , but it cost really too much - around 200-220gpb .. (Bosch number is 0 280 120 310)

Known good used Bosch switch should still be good , if you don't mind used one .. i rarely saw them faulty .

D

Edited by DamirGTI

dcc

I'd just fit a working 2nd hand item, it's literally 2 micro switches

DamirGTI

Me too .. an used one would do , if it's not for an total "nut and bolt" restoration with new parts as a must .

I have at least 5 of them , OE Bosch all in good working order ..

D

SRDT

You can look for Bosch parts here:

https://www.bosch-automotive-catalog.com/fr/vehicle-search

Part number 0280120327
Designation Throttle valve sensor
Production discontinuation 11/2007
Type formula DKS
Article status

Discontinued item

Brand Name

Article Number
CITROEN 96 081 740
CITROEN 1628 G4
CITROEN 96 015 940
PEUGEOT 96 081 740
PEUGEOT 96 015 940
PEUGEOT 1628 G4

DamirGTI

0 280 120 327 TPS seems to be OE , but i always found 0 280 120 310 TPS fitted on 205's ...

D

Callum

Thanks everyone for your replies, I was going to replace my current tps because I've changed the serviceable parts on the ignition system ready for when i have the car set up and put on a rolling road in a couple weeks so i wanted to make sure everything was in top working order but it sounds like I don't need to worry about renewing it just for that 

Edited by Callum

DamirGTI

No need really .. as said they rarely go bad , and even if they do you'll hardly notice it on Jetronic system ! worst thing that can happen if the switch breaks is it'll heat up the exhaust manifold by not closing/cutting off the fuel supply on overrun ..

Can check with an multimeter if the switch is good to verify .

D

jackherer
14 minutes ago, DamirGTI said:

No need really .. as said they rarely go bad , and even if they do you'll hardly notice it on Jetronic system ! worst thing that can happen if the switch breaks is it'll heat up the exhaust manifold by not closing/cutting off the fuel supply on overrun ..

I've had loads fail but I'm used to Mi16s (same switch) which are a pain when they don't switch to idle correctly.

DamirGTI

Yes , been working on a few 405Mi16's , the idle goes mad with the bad or poorly adjusted TPS switch !

Maybe the Mi16 TB spindle as it wears , does the damage to the sensor as well ? making them more prone to failure ..

I'm "overstock" with the TPS sensors as they simply do not break on my 8v ! .. collected some here and there @ the scrappy and such , but never needed one as an replacement .

D

Edited by DamirGTI

jackherer

It wouldn't surprise me if the worn throttle bodies were the cause, I've got lots of those too but they are all useless.

I got a couple of brand new ones actually but they are XU9J1 (or whatever the 8v 405 Sri/BX GTi engine is called) parts so the bore is smaller but I'm hoping I can use them to refurb a 16v one. I haven't looked at them in any detail yet though.

Tom Fenton
10 hours ago, jackherer said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the worn throttle bodies were the cause, I've got lots of those too but they are all useless.

I keep threatening to make a jig to bore and bush the Mi16 bodies to put them back to good. Should get on with it really.

• Like 1

DamirGTI
15 hours ago, jackherer said:

I got a couple of brand new ones actually but they are XU9J1 (or whatever the 8v 405 Sri/BX GTi engine is called) parts so the bore is smaller but I'm hoping I can use them to refurb a 16v one. I haven't looked at them in any detail yet though.

How about XM/605 2.0 8v TB ? it's the same shape/type but with bigger bore :

5m0rwtjh.jpg