• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Quags

Distributor Cap/Not Starting

Quags

Hi all,

My 1.6 - 1.9 Skip Brown conversion on open throttle bodies isn't starting.  

It's hardly used currently, but always on charge and start it occassionally.  It will turn over, can hear the fuel pump, it will just about catch but not start.

I checked the plugs, seem ok.  

Looked at the Dizzy cap and saw this, I'm not sure if this looks right! Are there supposed to be pins there? Either way it doesn't look fantastic.

I can't see any part number for the cap or rotary arm, yet there seems to be many choices!  

CNbnfADCNbnfAD

thumbnail_IMG_20190125_130058.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20190125_130115.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20190125_151728.jpg

DamirGTI

Nothing wrong with the rotor arm and the dizzy cap by the looks .. in fact looking kinda newish .

That cable is the main signal input from the dizzy pick up coil to the ign. module to fire the ign. coil , any loose contact , wire breakage or oxidation will leave you without both the fuel an spark too .. defiantly check/repair that signal cable first .

D

Edited by DamirGTI

jackherer

If it has throttle bodies I assume it also has an aftermarket ECU? If so which one?

Tom Fenton

Dizzy cap is supposed to look like that.

I'd be looking at the signal cable from the dizzy that seems to be doubled back and wrapped up in tape.

Quags

Turned out it was the spark plugs. Still has hesitation when accelerating mid range, but at least she drives!