• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

tunnicliffe

Vts rack

tunnicliffe

Hi anybody know the Citroen part number for the vts pas rack the one with 2.4 turns lock to lock or what year xsara they were on? I’ve tried to get one from motorfactors but no one seems to know what I’m on about 

welshpug

get yourself an account on here, http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

used to be a separate site for peugeot and citroen but these days its integrated into one and you just select the relevant dropdown to go to citroen

4000 W3 is the phase1 vts part number, however it has been marked NFP for many years already, and list price currently is £706 plus vat.

tunnicliffe

Thanks I’ll look into service box, now I got a part number the motor factors I use can cross ref one against there part numbers they did find me a berlingo rack with 2.7 turns but the rack mounts look different 

petert

Our local 1.6L monopoint Si has a 2.7 PAS rack. I've got one in my race car but it's not as good as the 2.4. Keep searching.

wicked

I use the rack of the ZX 2.0 16v; I think it is 2.6 turns (not sure), but has a splined drive iso square.  

SRDT

It's a 9 tooth pinion of the 2.4 rack and 8 on the 2.7 right?

There is a "racing" 10 tooth pinion but I wonder if it's not from another car.

DSCN9769.jpg

The later 505 had this kind of pinion but I don't know if the tooth on the 205/306 rack can mesh with it.

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/peugeot-forum/96847-peugeot-505-power-steering-question.html

ss5gxjftlcvj6fmdl41.jpg

hhyu10ymtpdqnf4lu1zi.jpg

welshpug
8 hours ago, wicked said:

I use the rack of the ZX 2.0 16v; I think it is 2.6 turns (not sure), but has a splined drive iso square.  

zx was 2.4 same as the phase1 xsara but yes a splined interface on at least the early cars, i have one on my 205 (and zx :p )

jackherer
1 hour ago, welshpug said:

i have one on my 205 (and zx :p )

That's probably at least a quarter of the remaining RHD ZX 16v racks in the UK, and probably a significant percentage worldwide! :lol:

wicked
19 hours ago, welshpug said:

zx was 2.4 same as the phase1 xsara but yes a splined interface on at least the early cars, i have one on my 205 (and zx :p )

Great! Have one as well.

Any clue how many turns the 1.9/2.0 8V ZX rack has?

SRDT

According to a Citroën internal document It should be 2.75 turns with the 8 tooth pinion (black cap) and 3.25 turns with the 7 tooth one (green cap).

Too bad this document is older than the 2.0 8v/16v ; at that time the 1.9 (xu9ja/xu9jaz) was the only one fitted with the 2.75 rack.

Tom Fenton
22 hours ago, welshpug said:

Interesting, I’ve a 2.5-ish turn spline drive rack on one of my cars, wondered where it might have originated.

DamirGTI

I did an PAS converson on a 205 Rallye with the ZX rack , was 2.6 and with the spline drive .. was very good to drive too , so defiantly consider it as an option too as well as Ph2 Xsara vts (that one is also around 2.6-2.7 ??) .

Found myself an 2.4 rack from crashed Ph1 Xsara , and it's for real the best you can get and highly recommended !

Unfortunately , both the 2.6 ZX and 2.4 Xsara will be bit hard to find nowadays .. but keep digging , something will pop up ...

D

ftoomsh

I have just got a mj1 xsara vts 2.4 rack from a local factors. 

They have 2 left in stock. £220 + £120 (old unit surcharge) + delivery if anybody wants one I can sort one out for you..

Robbie

Im looking for a Xsara VTS rack.  Ideally a phase 2 , but will consider a phase 1 rack if its a straightforward swap.  Many thanks

gingieboi
On 3/2/2019 at 6:50 AM, ftoomsh said:

I have just got a mj1 xsara vts 2.4 rack from a local factors. 

They have 2 left in stock. £220 + £120 (old unit surcharge) + delivery if anybody wants one I can sort one out for you..

I know it has been a long time but I dont suppose he has any left?

ftoomsh

No sorry... long gone now