• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnyma22

This hose that runs from Induction Hose to somewhere?

johnyma22

I noticed that the car runs idle if this hose is pushed fully in.  Probably due to it breaking the air seal.

1) What's the hose go to?  I assume it's some fuel chamber thing on the inner wing?   Tracing it w/ out removing a bunch more stuff is proving tricky.

2) Is it original or aftermarket?  Looking at induction hose replacements they only have 2 ports so I assume it's an aftermarket bodge?  If it's an aftermarket bodge why have I now seen two of these done exactly the same?

3) The fuel chamber thingy that I have now seen on 2x 1.9's, does anyone have the details about that or some reading on why it's there and how to replace it etc.

image.png.33e0a2101fd63a337bdcad6306ceb1cb.png

Edited by johnyma22

Henry Yorke

It is there for emissions purposes on later cars, however you can usually disconnect it and block the hole and it will run fine.  The canisters usually rot out from the bottom too as the water collects in the rubber cap and corrodes.  These were also fitted to some late petrol engines in non-GTI's

MrAndy

I studied my parts lot collection in the weekend. It seems that I have also one of those hoses with the same hole. So it must be a factory made hole anyway.

However, none of my cars have it.

-A-