• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Telf

Emerald tachometer hack

Telf

Heres my attempt at trying to make a converter for the standard tachometer on my GTI, that will allow a emerald  ECU to drive  the instrument.Hack kindly supplied by Jackherer. This has cost about £1.50 rather than the £36 on the emerald site.

It's not quite finished , needs the bare cable sealing and 2 wires connecting to the coil.

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1547551701860.jpg_1547551703686.jpeg

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1547551693356.jpg_1547551695354.jpeg

• Like 1

Telf

Yeah that's the one, dunno if it will work but I'm hopeful

petert

Big tick. Well done.

Daniel306

There is a mod you can do to the standard clocks, means the Emerald can directly drive the tach. iv done it to mine and even the teltail works

Telf

That's pretty much what I've done

Daniel306

You dont need to add anything, from what I remember you just bypass the filter inside the clocks and run one wire from the emerald out to the cluster, I had that amplifier from emerald fitted to mine, but the teltail didn't with with it