• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Mark5

Sunroof

Mark5

I am after a new sunròof black outer plastic trim front section. As when i removed the front section some of the clips broke off. I have tryed pug 1 off. And spoox. They can not supply new trim. Any ideas where to go for this part. Thanks .

Bakes100

I am yet to find a second hand front trim with the clips intact. I've been looking since 2014!

Mark5

Thanks for the reply. I will have to make some thing up out of plastic to attach to the trim clip positions. Lets hope they will reproduce this part some time soon . Maybe  if their is a large number of people needing  these parts. They will remake it. 

jackherer

It's the sort of thing that Stew @ Bakerbm.com might consider either reproducing or he might be able to make a kit to restore the clips like he does for the inner wing mirror trims. It's worth talking to him, he might already be thinking about it.

Mark5

Thanks for the advise i  talk to him. See what he suggests. 

Mark5

Thahks for info. Should have seen this before i removed sunroof and  frame assembly . My mistake. Well live and lean by my mistakes.