• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
acox99

Re-fixing the upper door seal.

acox99

Has anyone had success after a repaint cleaning off the original tape and resticking the seal beck on. I’ve tried twice. This time using 3M trim tape but it’s come off again! I cleaned the whole lot up, degreased it and did it in the middle of summer. Any ideas as I’m struggling, and I don’t want to use tiger seal or any jollop to stick it on with. 

82191CC4-BEF9-459A-95CD-EE72178317FA.jpeg

acox99

Good shout, I have this as well. It’s sticky as hell! Always used it as interior headlining tape.

Callum

It's great stuff I used it today to fix a lower door seal on where a clip wouldn't hold it 

Andy

Hi. I have done this (awful) job a coulple of times. First make sure that you have removed all the old tape that was on the back of the seal. That job takes hours , even with a heat gun. I then went to Halfolds and bought two rolls of their double sided tape, one at 6mm wide, the other more like 12 mm , as the seal is held in place by two seperate tape strips. Do not forget the little plastic rivet at the B post end that locates the seal  in the upper corner of the door aperture . There may be another one at the other end, at the bottom of the A pillar . Mine seems to have worked and withstood both rain and shine .

Andy

Gaz205

Tiger seal and a steady hand!

I tried so many times with tape and never bonded right, either my lack of prep or poor tape. Tiger seal and then strong tape to secure it overnight worked a treat. Trim any excess off when dry.