• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

AaronMountford1990

205 STDT Price Tracker

AaronMountford1990
On 5/1/2019 at 4:18 PM, AlexRS2782 said:

L719NSS appears to have been relisted (with a price increase since last month)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-205-stdt-GTI-barn-find/283469330175

Oh I guarantee those few wont sell. I got banned from the 205 owners group for pointing out the owner was a PITA to deal with and was messing people about.

AaronMountford1990
On 5/21/2019 at 3:41 PM, forbeslongden said:

I don't think we could take this rough average price as any sort of guideline, for example; complete running cars with low miles and history will be most likely to gain 1000-1500 quid, that one that sold on eBay, too little info was available for the buyer(s) to bid it up should it be a gem (it looked alright...) 

so it sold for just over 400 bar, which for a running DT powered 205 is cheap. 

Had this been either the Aztec or Steel colours, I think it would have probably done more money as those cars are the harder ones to find.  Once another M plate one comes up, I reckon it'll bump the price bracket up again since there's only 2 I know of. 

So logically, the pricing average has so many variables as well as what I've said there, that we can't look at the STDT being worth X-amount of quid now, sure the prices will be on the rise, but it's going to take something like Top Gear or Classic Car magazines to feature it for there to be interest outside those who already know what they are. 

Moving on to these ones in Scotland, I think there's 3 or maybe 2 that are all green, haven't been on the road for 7-10 years and are probably pretty rotten and/or not running - those cars are probably worth about 200 quid each without seeing it in person, I'm aiming to try and save at least one to put back on the road (even though I've long since 'retired' from 205 saving) since I'm down in the South West and those cars are in the Northern most part of the country, geographic locality also plays a part in pricing cars. 

We've spoken about this at length, good luck with saving those! I'd be interested in parts if you got to breaking one mind you - I did offer that to the seller, myself and a few others were going to go up and strip one, pay for the parts and keep what we need and sell what we didn't. Seller went up like a bottle of pop haha

AaronMountford1990

Another Project car came up, this one with a one off leather interior designed by a previous owner and an MI16 conversion

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-205-STDT-Mi16-Not-GTI-/183867462927?hash=item2acf5ad50f%3Ag%3AbPYAAOSwfHpdGh~b&nma=true&si=wI2uvIjt%2FUs9kfJNmry2Q45xNe0%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Bidding ended at £1040 with the reserve not met.

Details were:

"

Peugeot 205 STDT with the alloy Mi16 engine conversion. This car will be a little cracker when sorted and looks good with the cream interior and twin pipes.

Has been off the road since 2011 and moved from barn to barn with neither the last owner or me having the time to do it. It is a project, so needs a little work to make good again. For a 205 enthusiast, I`m pretty sure its a weekends work. The engine ran lovely a year ago, but when I started it up just after xmas, it wouldn`t tickover at normal revs, it was fast at about 2000 revs. The forums suggested it could be an air leak or airflow sensor, so needs investigating.

The main work involves the interior. The dash and a couple of other panels have been sprayed with a "flock" type substance, and have been partly stripped to reveal a painted surface. It would probably be just as easy to get some second hand panels. The one off seats with the 205 logo really set this car off.!

The bonnet latch needs sorting and only have one key. There`s loads of paperwork and a nice registration L*** PUG with certificate that comes with the car.

The logbook is in my name and shows change to petrol.

The STDT was the diesel equivalent of the GTI, but there are only approx 180 left, whereas there are about 6,500 GTI`s still about, so have become quite rare. 

If you need any more info or need a viewing please message me.   

The owner from 2001-2007/8 has just been in touch to verify a couple of points, she purchased this STDT because of the excellent condition of the body, and in my non professional opinion I do agree with her. Also the Mi16 engine was fully reconditioned with new pistons and liners. The interior was also designed by her! in all almost £15000 was spent on it in the time she owned it. Thanks Sarah for contacting me and the car is a credit to you."

Telf

It boggles my mind why it wasn't snapped up

AaronMountford1990
On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 3:14 PM, AaronMountford1990 said:

Another Project car came up, this one with a one off leather interior designed by a previous owner and an MI16 conversion

<snip>

not useful quoting.

It's now back up with a BIN of £1800

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183901701806?ul_noapp=true

AaronMountford1990

L440GFJ 

Sold on eBay for £1420

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F283557020446

Peugeot 205 STDT

My much loved 205 has to go.

This is now a rare car with only 27 still licensed.

Built in 1993.

The rear seats have been removed to give a Tardis-like load area, but I still have them and the rear seats and fittings will come with the car.

It is offered as a project car opportunity or maybe just for spares.

When on the road it drove well, although see cons.

The car is presently SORNed but driveable.

Pros

Relatively low mileage.

Bodywork mostly good and undented (but see the cons).

Seats are in very good condition.

Genuine Speedline alloys. Perhaps the best looking alloys ever?

Four good tyres.

Cons

One of the rear suspension arm bearings needs replacing.

Both rear suspension bumper areas badly rusted and need welding.

Some rust under the bonnet.

The turbo is a bit lackluster.

The paint is losing its lacquer on the hatch, roof and bonnet.

The radio has a mind of its own and turns on when it wants.

Collection only.

AaronMountford1990

L843 FWL 175,600 miles

Classified Ad Price of £1275

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283591114409?ul_noapp=true

1993 PEUGEOT 205 STDT

THIS  205 STDT (special trim diesel turbo) IN "OBERON GREEN"  IS A RARE 205 MODEL (as pug enthusiasts will know)

THE PRODUCTION OF THIS CAR WAS FOR 1 YEAR ONLY BETWEEN 1993 & 1994 & BASICALLY SHARES THE LUXURIES & LOOKS  OF THE 205 GTI BUT WITH SOFT CLOTH BUCKET SEATS IN BEIGE WITH MATCHING CARPET & DASHBOARD (as also found in the Gentry model) & A 1.8 TURBO DIESEL ENGINE

I HAVE HAD IT FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS WITH THE INTENTION OF RESTORING IT & HAVE DONE SOME WORK TO IT & IT WILL NEED SOME MORE

RECENTLY HAD A NEW O/SIDE CILL & N/SIDE INNER WING FITTED

THE BODY IS STRAIGHT & NOT RUSTY HOWEVER THE PAINTWORK HAS FADED & THE LACQUER ON THE  ROOF,BONNET & TAILGATE HAS LIFTED SO THEY WILL NEED REPAINTING

THERE HAVE BEEN PREVIOUS REPAIRS TO THE BOOT FLOOR & BENEATH THE REAR SEATS WHICH ARE COMMON COROSSION ISSUES ON THE 205 MODEL

THE ENGINE DOES RUN & IS BASICALLY SOUND BUT THERE ARE ELECTRICAL ISSUES & IT WILL NEED AT THE VERY LEAST  A CAMBELT CHANGE & OVERALL SERVICE AS THE CAR HAS NOT BEEN ON THE ROAD SINCE 2011 (MILEAGE 175,600)

THE PASSENGER DOOR IS STUCK SHUT & THE INTERIOR HANDLE HAS BROKEN OFF

THE INTERIOR IS ALL ORIGINAL HOWEVER THE REAR SEATS HAVE LOTS OF SMALL MARKS ON THEM & THE ROOF LINING HAS DROPPED & THE GLOVE BOX CATCH IS BROKEN

HAS THE CORRECT MATCHING ITALIAN SPEEDLINE ALLOYS WHICH CAME ON THE STDT MODEL & OTHER THAN 1 ALLOY THEY ARE ALL IN GOOD CONDITION (THERE IS A SPARE SPEEDLINE ALLOY WHICH IS ALSO IN GOOD CONDITION SO THERE IS STILL 4 GOOD ALLOYS)

ALL THE TYRES HOLD AIR BUT DUE TO STANDING HAVE PERISHED

THERE IS A NEW CLEAR FRONT INDICATOR LENS TO REPLACE THE COLOURED LENS SEEN ON THE CAR

IN SUMMARY THIS IS A SOLID EXAMPLE WHICH IS A FAIRLY STRAIGHT FORWARD PROJECT

THERE ARE ONLY (according to DVLA only 29 licensed on the road & 130 sorned STDT models) SO ARE SOUGHT AFTER & WORTH INVESTING IN AS VALUES ON THESE CAN ONLY GO UP

THE CAR WILL NEED TO BE COLLECTED ON TRAILER/TRUCK

forbeslongden
On 7/11/2019 at 3:12 PM, AaronMountford1990 said:

We've spoken about this at length, good luck with saving those! I'd be interested in parts if you got to breaking one mind you - I did offer that to the seller, myself and a few others were going to go up and strip one, pay for the parts and keep what we need and sell what we didn't. Seller went up like a bottle of pop haha

He managed to sell one which, props to the buyer - is being put back on the tarmac again. Hopefully those other ones make it out alive too. 

AaronMountford1990
4 hours ago, forbeslongden said:

He managed to sell one which, props to the buyer - is being put back on the tarmac again. Hopefully those other ones make it out alive too. 

Boom! 

Good luck to whoever brought them, hopefully yeah the rest get back on the road too! 

It's the shame the seller couldn't be more cooperative with the sale - but I have noticed this with 205 sales and part prices, people seem to add zero's and make out things are worth incredible amounts of money when, in a lot of cases they aren't! 

AaronMountford1990

L635 TRL

Auction for £1500 (unsold as of 10th oct 2019) 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-205-STDT-1993-54K-miles/264486032922

Restored 4 years ago one small hole in boot welded,

I carelessly damaged the drivers side door and quarter panel in my storage yard as per last photo.

Three former keepers very low miles 53K.

I disconnected the anti theft device and it now has a humming noise coming from the dash but starts and runs fine as it should do,

Comes with original set of 4 wheels.

I fitted it with 4 new tyres and GTI wheels .

Just had it on a ramp and its rock solid underneath.

been off road since 2015 no mot

forbeslongden

I put an offer in for that car, albeit a cheap one since that gash on the side needs a bunch of attention, plus no axle refresh history. 

• Like 1

AaronMountford1990

L585 CFR 

Sold for £640 at auction.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/peugeot-205-stdt/254381066970

peugeot 205 stdt

Selling for spares repairs ideal restoration project

Has been standing inside for past two years

I bought with great intentions of restoring but space and family commitments will never allow ☹️

great project car as really only handful left

Starts instantly and drives well everything works

has had boot floor and under bonnet near jack repaired previously

Surly will need more doing for mot

I do have a folder of history

Will need to be trailered away

Could possibly help with transport

Payment and collection within 7 days of end of auction unless prior arrangement

?site=0&stg=1&mpt=1570995069958

AaronMountford1990

L373 LNN

BIN of £2600

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174070211877?ul_noapp=true

"Hi welcome to my 205 stdt turbo diesel 1993  its over 25 years will be classic tax and insurance now its been dry stored for 11 year has 80k miles excellent project potential as bodywork is mint and it wont need much to get back onto the roads it was perfect when put into the garage no rot to sills etc, gti 19 spec, wheels, interior lowered konis all round thers only 20 odd of these stdt,s registered on the road when i last checked supposbly there rarer than gti,s now. not the usual rubbish rotted gti if I was going to restore a 205 this would be the one these are going for 20 to 30k + fully restored.this will need paint filters,brakes done just the usual off a car standingsolong.i had these cars all my life had loads of them in my younger days and there mint cars better than gti,s in my eyes just personal preference though,the engine could be took out for a big petrol turbo project or a 306 turbo diesel lump but the standard 1769cc stdt engine and box that are in is good so it could be left in. I will get some pics  of engine and the interior and upload tommorow  just i couldnt find the keys thanks for looking .ps I also have a sorento green stdt fully standard with the original stdt wheels and tan interior sam as what was in the 205 gentry its L reg aswell and been stored longer than this one I will be selling that one aswell"

AaronMountford1990

L401 UEB

Auction with a current bid of £1000 

"1993 PEUGEOT 205 STDT 1,8 TURBO DIESEL

***PLEASE NOTE THIS CAR IS A PROJECT AND THEREFORE LISTED AS SPARES OR REPAIR**
**CURRENTLY A NON STARTER DUE TO ELECTRICAL FAULT**
* I WILL LIST ALL OTHER FAULTS TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE TO ENCOURAGE FAIR SALE*

I have owned this car since august 2019, when I bought it in running condition. since then i have driven roughly 400 miles in it and as such the odometer has only recently ticked over 100,000 miles.

Good Points:
  • 1,8 L diesel turbo, rotary injection Lucas pump, fairly economical and virtually bulletproof
  • MOT until june 3rd 2020!!
  • 90hp from factory and a light kerbweight, it does pull incredibly well and a lovely 3rd gear
  • handles solidly. no virbration or wheel wobble
  • vented front discs and well adjusted shoes on the rear, stops really well for a car of its age (much better than my mk2 Golf)
  • if you know your peugeot 205's you'll know this car is almost identical to the GTI in terms of trim
  • GTI front lower valance and fog lights
  • GTI rear bumper valance
  • GTI mouldings
  • bucket cloth seats both undamaged and no bolster wear
  • original steering wheel and gear knob
  • electric windows
  • no rust whatsoever
  • recently undersealed
  • 4 original STDT alloys with original spare still in cage
  • vaccum seal slideback sunroof still in complete working order (very rare)
  • remote central locking fitted from factory
aftermarket CD/AUX but original radio unit included in sale

The bad

• non starter 
  • battery earth cable broken (not the reason for no start, i have bypassed this. could possibly be the starter circuit relay but I'm not an electrician so couldnt solidly say)
  • passenger door seal lets water in when it rains/ you wash the car
  • a few minor dents, nothing that wont come out with a dent puller
  • the paint: bits of the original Aztec Gold can still be seen, but at some point it seems as though someone has tried to rattle can half the car in silver, then panicked and tried to rub it off with a cloth. i have tried to photograph this as well as i can but really do encourage bidders to come and have a look as the car will require a FULL RESPRAY in order to look nice. none of the bodywork is being damaged as it is, it just doesn't look very presentable at all.
clutch judders. I'm not incredibly well up on the clutches on Peugeot/Talbot of this era so i cant really say well enough if its a case of adjusting the cable, or it needs a new friction plate.

overall this is a lovely little car for a 205 enthusiast or even someone that wants the GTI look without paying the obscene GTI prices, alternatively it would convert well to a GTI."

AaronMountford1990

L736 SVG - Sold at auction for £1160 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1994-Peugeot-205-STDT-/202904698184?hash=item2f3e0ffd48%3Ag%3ABE4AAOSwfL1eRZ1H&amp;nma=true&amp;si=s9pp5%2FNeXUd2j%2BTezUbKOZHRq%2B4%3D&amp;orig_cvip=true&amp;nordt=true&amp;rt=nc&amp;_trksid=p2047675.l2557

1994 Peugeot 205 STDT, 1.8 Turbo diesel engine, these are becoming rare nowadays and have the GTI running gear, it also has GTI alloys on. This has been my daily since 2016 its never let me down until recently as it has developed a few issues over the last few months and i haven't been using it since then because i have other obligations and realise i wont get round to fixing it up. So ill mention the bad parts first:

It needs new brake discs because there is pretty bad wheel wobble when breaking at speed and i think it might be because the discs have warped but i haven't checked this to confirm. There is also a fuel pump issue, which when turning round sharp or fast right hand corners such as long roundabouts its like the fuel gets starved and it coughs and can cut out. Other than this the engine is fine and just could do with a good service. There isnt any rot on the car other than the rear drivers sill as pictured where its starting to bubble. The sunroof handle is cracked which is also pictured, the sunroof has worked before but since the handle cracked i dont want to try it again and do further damage it is repairable though and you can hear the sunroof vacuum when you pull it down. The rev counter doesnt work. The drivers side window doesnt go all the way up without an helping hand, i think this is an easy fix if you take the door panel off and take a look at it.

There isnt anything else really wrong with the car it would make a nice easy project. It does need some new tyres and once the other problems are sorted it would be back to being a solid car.

As said before theres no rot other than the bubbling pictured. The interior is in pretty good condition with no rips, tears or nasty marks. The mileage is 106k and everything else works on the car other than whats been said prior. There is an aftermarket stereo in the car but ill try and find the original as i think i have it somewhere. 

I've been as honest as possible and in summary the car just needs some TLC but would again make a good car and serve well as it has for me over the years. 

Obviously it will need trailering away as driving it would be risky business. 

AaronMountford1990

L603 STP

Online auction via ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233628790618?fbclid=IwAR2GZhfDJohyo2W4nj28ckX0BBDAWqG6rOi2D4jdhccMcQsNzhmHsLU9UF8

Price as of 27th June (1 day and 21 hours to go) is £2350 (9 bids) 

Here we have a lovely car being sold by my brother in law.
This is Becoming rare car ,

starts on key, drives spot on. 
Car has only travelled 2 miles since Last mot which required tyres, rear brakes, new shoes cylinders and pipes. 

Body work in fairly good condition. 

AaronMountford1990

L851MEC

Online auction via ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274401427640?fbclid=IwAR001-a_Jopa6RCGz4vAAzTfADMeJgpumQ1EkyH79ItNBqSAkVnV2te9H1s

Price as of 27th June ( with 1 day 5 hours remaining) is £1560 (19 bids)

PS. I'm considering how we can save these better in the future (the links to preserve pricing history). 

Gonna try wayback machine going forward. If we can capture the sites as the auctions end then it's a clear cut snapshot of that point in time.