• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

AaronMountford1990

205 STDT Price Tracker

AaronMountford1990

Creating this to log all of the recent sales of STDT's in various conditions to give other buyers links and a bit of info on what previous cars sold for, as it's quite difficult to pin down a price on these as they're so rare! 

1.  L205 FKO

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/peugeot-205-stdt-/312260131210?hash=item48b427798a%3Ag%3AiAcAAOSwlKlbviko&nma=true&si=GW07EHbFmuv86AxF6OWi4E4RCx8%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

A 205 STDT with the following description sold for £1390

"152k and mot till aug 2019 runs and drives 100% and is a quick little car picks up very well iv only owned this 6 mnths but now need a bigger car.since owning it iv put new driveshafts,wheelbearings,droplinks and a full service so it is mechanically sound.however bodywork does need attention with the odd dent and laquar peel on the roof and the bonnet is carbon fibre wraped but looks ok paint does clean up quite well my goal was to get it all done but as said up above interior is clean and tidy but does have wear car is lowerd on spax and handles very well but is quite bouncy this was a rolling work in progress and wanted it machically sound b4 i started on the bodywork it does need niggles but nothing serious but if u have any questions just msg i still use the car daily so millage will increase"

The number plate may have helped sale...L205FKO

I've been offered around £500 for mine as a non-runner, which I'm making into a runner, so there's another potential baseline for valuing.

2. L866 FAA

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1994-Peugeot-205-Stdt-Turbo-diesel-72k-No-reserve-Spares-or-repairs/123456222229?hash=item1cbe907415:g:6i4AAOSwjrFb1e8O

Sold for £820, and the paintwork as mentioned was bloody awful, keyed, lacquer peel on roof and bonnet, etc. Had an 'original' spoiler though fitted below the boot glass which I hadn't seen before.

Oberon Green 

"1994 Peugeot 205 Stdt - No reserve
Up for grabs is this 1994 Peugeot 205, It's sold for spares or repairs.
3 owners 72k miles, No Mot, Cambelt snapped & valves damaged - There is a spare head in the boot.
Paintwork is awful as you can see & plenty of scratches etc, that said the bodywork is very good, its all original & accident free & there's no welding been done & none needed.
The boot spoiler is an original Peugeot item, The car did drive fine prior to the belt going.
Lots of paperwork & history for the car & the older syle V5, Sunroof blind is in the car but not fitted.
The mot expired in august 2017.
There's a few spares to come with the car as well.
It could make a lovely example of something you don't see many of nowadays.
Any questions please ask - Viewing welcome.
Cash on collection from Southampton Hampshire within 7 days of auction ending.
No time wasters please.
SOLD AS A NON RUNNER & YOU WILL NEED A TRAILER ETC !"

3. L133 UHR

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-205-stdt-spares-or-repair-/163394665939?hash=item260b14bdd3%3Ag%3AM1AAAOSwSidb-bbb%3Ark%3A11%3Apf%3A0&nma=true&si=GzvURV7FEoQuZ0KOsG%2FTS1za3bE%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

SOLD FOR £660

So here I have it the 205 stdt ,(UNMOLESTED) what a car , I purchased this recently to try and get up together to use as a Sunday car ,,, the car was stood for around 4 years before I got it , it starts runs well gear box clutch and engine perfect ,,
Restoration project no mot 
193,000 miles
 so first the good points 
Starts and drives 
Car wheels freely all brakes ok no binding on brakes 
2 owners from new the most recent a elderly lady owned it for over 20 years !!!
Meticulously looked after car ,, Service book fully loaded more paperwork than you would expect,
 every old mot certificate, every service ever done , constant cambelt changes , the most recent being 10k ago ,,
and all tax disks included , 
Comes with 2 sets of original keys with the original Peugeot remote central locking thobs x2
( not taped together with electrical tape ) ( they are unbroken) they will require battery’s to make them work tho , 
Stdt specs , electric windows , gti look alike body style, original Peugeot stereo working with code ,
Sunroof , lights that come on when you open sunvisor mirrors , 
So the not so good bits !
Paintwork on roof bonnet and tail gate has lost its laquer over the years like all of these cars do so it’s gone like a Matt finish ,
Rust on wing (seen in photos) 
Small dints in tailgate around the 205 badge ( see photos )
Drivers seat is not the original and does not match the other interior as the previous one had deteriorated, 
I had a friend look over the car and has said it requires welding to both inner wings See photos 
25 year old car so not going to be new,
I’m starting a new job and have a baby on the way so !! due to dark winter nights and finances ,and storing the car etc I’ve decided to let this car go ( hopefully to someone who’s willing to give it the love I wanted to) 
I must make you aware there is no buy it now price and no reserve the auction will run to the end , 
COLLECTION WITHIN 3 DAYS of auction ending , 
Winning bidder will require a low loader or car trailer to collect, 
The car is not going to be driven on the road for obvious reasons 
No tax or mot 
Happy bidding (cash on collection) 

forbeslongden

There's one on eBay at the moment, rotten as a pear but still pulling in around £400 at time of writing - can't help but feel that these are going to be strong money one day, maybe more so than GTis if the mileage / condition is right. 

Tom Fenton
48 minutes ago, forbeslongden said:

maybe more so than GTis if the mileage / condition is right. 

Are you on glue??

• Haha 1

forbeslongden
21 minutes ago, Tom Fenton said:

Are you on glue??

Woah, prick much? 

Tom Fenton

Baa haa haa

• Like 1

forbeslongden

In all seriousness,  I can't see why a clean and tidy STDT won't get the money a GTI commands now (I don't mean 5k plus ) but 2K in future years isn't out of the realms of possibilities. 

dcc

The whole point of the value in a 205 is for the gti (or rally for some reason, no idea why as they are basically a base model with stickers). If you're ever going to spend strong money on a 205 it's going to have to be a gti, a diseasle just doesn't make sense for a long term investment.

I can't see any value in the other models other than for parts as a donor to rebuild a gti.

Yes they do lovely mpg, so maybe a daily driver, but the price on a pd130 VAG these days is hard to overlook for the appeal of a 30+ yr old French bean can.

2k for me would be a £800 golf GT tdi and £1200 worth of running costs (the whole point of a cheap diseasle).

forbeslongden

I beg to differ there, I've already seen STDTs going for around 1200 before now, many s*it ones still do 500-700 quid odd, they aren't looked after like a GTI so to find a good one is going to be tough, even Gentrys have moved out of shutter territory for a good example and both of those are really the next best thing, spec wise from a GTI and in most cases, a lot less hassle. I honestly see the TD 205 as the hidden hero of the 205 range, it has its fans down here in agricultural Devon ;)

Doc 205

Apparently they’re popular in Australia (not sure why- long distance driving

perhaps?)

I’m of the opinion that any old car in reasonable condition will hold a decent value in future. I’m fairly convinced that in my lifetime (granted I’m quite young) the combustion engine will go the same way as the steam engine. Call me crazy (which most of my friends and family do), but if you have a bit of space I’d be packing it full of pretty much any old motors, take a bit of care of them, and they’ll pay good dividends in 20-30 years. 

• Haha 1

forbeslongden

There's STDTs in Australia? Or just D-Turbos? I always thought that the STDT was a UK only model for some reason!

Doc 205

The guy I spoke to recently had shipped one over. He was waxing lyrical about how great they are and how ‘we Brits’ have no idea how they good they are.

AaronMountford1990
Richie-Van-GTi
On 2/2/2019 at 6:17 PM, Doc 205 said:

Apparently they’re popular in Australia (not sure why- long distance driving

perhaps?)

I’m of the opinion that any old car in reasonable condition will hold a decent value in future. I’m fairly convinced that in my lifetime (granted I’m quite young) the combustion engine will go the same way as the steam engine. Call me crazy (which most of my friends and family do), but if you have a bit of space I’d be packing it full of pretty much any old motors, take a bit of care of them, and they’ll pay good dividends in 20-30 years. 

yes and they are exempt from inheritance tax, I know a couple of people with Group B cars for this very reason

Telf

L205 FKO was a shed in every sense of the word- it was on my drive just before it was sold- I wouldn't have given the owner £500 never mind £1390! ( And he is a mate).

AaronMountford1990
23 minutes ago, Telf said:

L205 FKO was a shed in every sense of the word- it was on my drive just before it was sold- I wouldn't have given the owner £500 never mind £1390! ( And he is a mate).

Yeah a few people have said that haha! 

Prices generally are on the up from what I've seen thus far, one of the cars listed had a timing belt snap so the engine needed major rework - which usually puts people off (unless they're putting a 1.9 XUD9 in), but yeah overall they seem to be appreciating nicely :D

Just got to fix another few leaks on mine then get the engine out before having it resprayed!

jackherer
26 minutes ago, Telf said:

L205 FKO was a shed in every sense of the word

I don't know what you mean mate, it was mint when I saw it, the permanent marker colouring in on the interior was really neatly done... :lol:

• Haha 1

forbeslongden

I sort of regret selling the ones I had now, that being said - I can see the D-Turbo range also starting to climb too since I don't think there are many of them left from the sort of 1992-93 era where they shared the GTi sliding sunroof and tinted windows as well as the creature comforts like central locking and electric windows, Mardi Gras DT's are still about though I guess :D

The STDT was a weird one since it has those light up interior mirrors and heated door mirrors... I don't recall the GTI even having those? 

AaronMountford1990

5. L237 GJO

Listed for classified auction on Ebay (NOT SOLD, just the listing price)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202592339408?ul_noapp=true

HERE WE HAVE MY 1993 PEUGEOT 205 STDT TRACK CAR.

I HAVE HAD THIS CAR FOR OVER 10 YEARS AND STEADILY MODIFIED IT.

IT STARTED OUT AS A NICE STRAIGHT STDT WITH A 1.8 TURBO DIESEL IN IT.  IT WAS MY DAILY FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS BUT ONCE IT WAS STRIPPED OUT I JUST USED IT FOR TRACK DAYS AND FUN.  I HAVE NOT USED IT AT ALL FOR A COUPE OF YEARS AND I NOW NEED THE INDOOR SPACE IT HAS BEEN SITTING IN.  I CANT SEE ME USING IT AGAIN SO I THOUGHT SOMEONE ELSE MAY LIKE TO HAVE SOME FUN WITH IT.

MODS..
1.9 306 D TURBO ENGINE WITH PUMP AND TURBO MODS.  
CUSTOM INLET MANIFOLD AND LARGE FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER.
309 LOWER ARMS AND SHAFTS
COILOVERS
406 FRONT BRAKES
309 ANTI ROLL BARS
DISK BRAKE REAR BEAM
LOWERED BEAM AND SOLID MOUNTED
AUTO BONNET (TO CLEAR INTERCOOLER PIPEWORK)
REAR CAGE
CUSTOM EXHAUST 
106 RALLYE STEELS

INSIDE IS TOTALLY STRIPPED OUT.  JUST 2 SEATS AND A DASH 

THIS CAR IS GREAT FUN.  I HAVE HAD IT ON A ROLLING ROAD AND SHE IS JUST UNDER 140BHP WITH   320nm TORQUE WITH A PRINT OUT.  THAT TORQUE IN A CAR THAT WEIGHS SO LITTLE = LOTS OF FUN.
SHE PULLS VERY WELL AND SMOKES LIKE A VICTORIAN FACTORY.

SHE RUNS AND DRIVES BUT SHE HAS NOT BEEN USED IN ANGER FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS.  SHE WILL NEED A LITTLE RE-COMMISSIONING BEFORE USE.  SHE DOES NOT HAVE AN MOT BUT THE SHELL IS SOLID AND WITH A WEEKENDS WORK YOU SHOULD BE ON THE ROAD.  SHE HAS NOT BEEN MOT'D FOR A FEW YEARS AS I TOOK HER AROUND ON A TRAILER.

I HAVE HAD A GREAT TIME IN THIS CAR.  I HAVE DRIVEN IT TO AND AROUND THE NURBURGRING A FEW TIMES AND DONE MANY UK TRACK DAYS.  
SHE CAN HOLD HER OWN ON THE TRACK WELL.  GREAT IN THE TWISTY BITS BUT DONT LIFT OFF....

YOU WILL NEED TO TRAILER IT AWAY AS THERE IS NO MOT AND SHE HAS NOT BEEN DRIVEN IN 2 YEARS.

PLEASE CALL ME FOR A CHAT ABOUT IT.  

Added it to give an idea of the price of a modified unit, I'll update if i get a comment on what the sale price was, otherwise just use this as a guide only.

Not adding this to the running average price as it hasn't sold. 

AaronMountford1990

6. Unknown Reg

Listed on Ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/peugeot-205-stdt-gti-/362572811779?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=wjhs2C0v3u%2BA3e4od5qvaZ6%2Bs5w%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

Sold for £1500

Hi and welcome to the auction for me pride and joy 
Peugeot 205 stdt 1.7 fitted with 1.9 dturbo 306 engine with only 80000 miles on car has 200k average for year 1995 in sorrento green 
Brand new parts fitted are 
Full service kit inc box oils 
Timing belt clutch kit 
New breaks alround bottom arms track rods ball joints fuel lines brake lines fully refurbed 1.9 gti wheels mot till Oct loads of bills receipts handbooks two keys all round clean car has had two small welding patches in the past car is very solid starter classic with only 34 of these on the road there going up in value car comes with all the original parts any info message please no time wasters 

Running average is now £1138 up from £1047.50

AaronMountford1990

Found another 3 STDT's up in Scotland

only got 2 reg plates 

1. L490WCS (oberon green)

2. L719NSS  (oberon green)

3. Unknown (oberon green)

Now, these aren't being added to the running average - because there are issues with the attitude of the seller towards giving out info on the cars and people getting enough info to warrant going to see them.

I've personally given information to the seller with regards to the rarity of the STDT, standard running kit, parts that are of value in the cars etc. the seller has decided that all three are to be crushed (believe its his business doing so) and as a result despite the auction text he will offer no parts for sale despite numerous request in addition to +30 watchers on the auction. 

Links for reference: 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-205-stdt-GTI-barn-find/283447453188?hash=item41fec8e604:g:mlUAAOSwBTVcrkO2

Priced at £700

"Just taken out of hibernation at weekend and looking to sell to enthusiast ,UPDATE two available 

Id prefer cash on collection ,I can organise transport uk for correct buyer ,by telephone only .

I tried starting today and believe it's not getting fuel ,gauge says empty !
I have video of it turning over

Seems complete bar grille .

Been off-road and bought 15 years ago as spares or repairs and kept for rally car reshell ,non sunroof .

Now looking to sell as the market for these is good at moment ,I have three but need to sell this one first as its most complete .last few that sold have been between £750 and £1250 see completed listings .
Located Aberdeenshire Scotland 

Viewing preferred ."

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-205-Stdt-Gti-SPARE-PARTS/283454882062?hash=item41ff3a410e:g:w7gAAOSwVblctKW3&frcectupt=true

Auction start price £500

"Tried selling what I was told was a rare 205 ,the stdt .

did not sell on auction at starting bid of £650 (see completed listings) 

Having 3 to dispose of I'm going to offer it out for parts

So auction is for full vehicle untouched wed 17th time of listing .

Any enquiries on parts mail for details ."

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-205-stdt-GTI-barn-find/283448628055?hash=item41fedad357:g:xU8AAOSwxXZcr5x1

Priced at £650

"Just taken out of hibernation today  and looking to sell to enthusiast

Id prefer cash on collection ,I can organise transport uk for correct buyer ,by telephone only .

Seems complete bar original wheels 

Been off-road Since 20111 as spares or repairs and kept for rally car reshell ,non sunroof .

Now looking to sell as the market for these is good at moment ,I have three but need to sell this one second as its probably spars or repairs the last few that sold have been between £750 and £1250 see completed listings .
Located Aberdeenshire Scotland 

Viewing preferred ."

AaronMountford1990

Found one that is selling - and I'll update the post when it's sold BUT

Reg unknown - will ask seller after it goes

PEUGEOT 205 DIESEL STDT 12 MONTHS MOT

PEUGEOT 205 DIESEL STDT. Condition used. L reg.

12 months mot.

124,023 miles.

Regarded by some as a classic this barn find now needs a home.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-205-DIESEL-STDT-12-MONTHS-MOT/192891364073?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

As of 18/04/2019 it's at £225 at auction.

Jhowell212

I own L413 SAE not moved in over 10 years I believe, surprisingly hardly any rust and paintwork looks real good 

20190422_133544.jpg

• Like 1

AaronMountford1990

UPDATE: 

No response from seller but car sold for £410 via auction

PEUGEOT 205 DIESEL STDT 12 MONTHS MOT

PEUGEOT 205 DIESEL STDT. Condition used. L reg.

12 months mot.

124,023 miles.

Regarded by some as a classic this barn find now needs a home.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-205-DIESEL-STDT-12-MONTHS-MOT/192891364073?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

I'd also like to add the reg for the last of the three stdt's in scotland was L996gtn

ALSOOOOO

I forgot about Chris Matthews old STDT, he's mentioned it sold it around 2016-2017 for near the £2500 mark, MEAAAANING we now have

1. L205 FKO - Sold for £1390

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/peugeot-205-stdt-/312260131210?hash=item48b427798a%3Ag%3AiAcAAOSwlKlbviko&nma=true&si=GW07EHbFmuv86AxF6OWi4E4RCx8%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

2. L866FAA - Sold for £820

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1994-Peugeot-205-Stdt-Turbo-diesel-72k-No-reserve-Spares-or-repairs/123456222229?hash=item1cbe907415:g:6i4AAOSwjrFb1e8O

3. L133UHR - Sold for £660 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-205-stdt-spares-or-repair-/163394665939?hash=item260b14bdd3%3Ag%3AM1AAAOSwSidb-bbb%3Ark%3A11%3Apf%3A0&nma=true&si=GzvURV7FEoQuZ0KOsG%2FTS1za3bE%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

4. L689KHJ - Sold for £1320

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/peugeot-205-STDT-1993-green-3-door-hatchback-/372583077359?ul_noapp=true&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20170803121420%26meid%3D7be8918ddceb4f468f6932693a1fec0e%26pid%3D100851%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D4%26mehot%3Dpp%26b%3D1%26sd%3D153365338695%26itm%3D372583077359&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=wjhs2C0v3u%2BA3e4od5qvaZ6%2Bs5w%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

5. Unknown Reg - Oberon Green, Sold for £410

6. K5TDT - Sold for £2500 

Contact Chris for Info on spec etc. or the new owner :)

7. Unknown Reg - Sold for £1500

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/peugeot-205-stdt-gti-/362572811779?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=wjhs2C0v3u%2BA3e4od5qvaZ6%2Bs5w%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

Running Average price is now: £1229

forbeslongden

I don't think we could take this rough average price as any sort of guideline, for example; complete running cars with low miles and history will be most likely to gain 1000-1500 quid, that one that sold on eBay, too little info was available for the buyer(s) to bid it up should it be a gem (it looked alright...) 

so it sold for just over 400 bar, which for a running DT powered 205 is cheap. 

Had this been either the Aztec or Steel colours, I think it would have probably done more money as those cars are the harder ones to find.  Once another M plate one comes up, I reckon it'll bump the price bracket up again since there's only 2 I know of. 

So logically, the pricing average has so many variables as well as what I've said there, that we can't look at the STDT being worth X-amount of quid now, sure the prices will be on the rise, but it's going to take something like Top Gear or Classic Car magazines to feature it for there to be interest outside those who already know what they are. 

Moving on to these ones in Scotland, I think there's 3 or maybe 2 that are all green, haven't been on the road for 7-10 years and are probably pretty rotten and/or not running - those cars are probably worth about 200 quid each without seeing it in person, I'm aiming to try and save at least one to put back on the road (even though I've long since 'retired' from 205 saving) since I'm down in the South West and those cars are in the Northern most part of the country, geographic locality also plays a part in pricing cars.