• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Harrybowling

Boot lid glass.

Harrybowling

Hello just recently brought my first 205! Needs a lot of work but have been doing a lot of jobs thanks to all the info on this site!  Hit a problem had a lot of water in the boot the other day and the boot lid glass is lose so think it’s coming in from there. Does the glass rely on the rubber trim or is there a sealer aplyed when fitting. Looking at refitting the glass myself but can’t find any info on the forums. Is this a hard job? Thanks 

Tom Fenton

The glass is sealed to the tailgate then the rubber trim pushes in to finish it. I’ve come across the same thing you have found before when the sealer has come away. You can probably bodge it up yourself with some PU sealer or otherwise it’s get a screen guy out to remove it and reseal it professionally.

Harrybowling
2 hours ago, Tom Fenton said:

The glass is sealed to the tailgate then the rubber trim pushes in to finish it. I’ve come across the same thing you have found before when the sealer has come away. You can probably bodge it up yourself with some PU sealer or otherwise it’s get a screen guy out to remove it and reseal it professionally.

Thanks for that will try the first option as I will hopefully be getting the car sprayed next year.