• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ladderboy

Stuck Fuel Pump - pretty new too!

ladderboy

Only 6 months ago a bought the complete new fuel pump and housing for my 1.9 GTi. It's been sat doing nothing since. Today I tried starting it, quickly realised there was no fuel being pumped. Am getting elec supply to pump so removed pump to test it by connecting direct to battery. Nothing doing :-(. No sound of spinning or pumping. The damn thing has only been in there 6 months!! Is this a common problem? SURELY these things are designed to sit in fuel for YEARS without seizing up?? Obviously the pump is a completely sealed unit. Any suggestions for freeing it up, or a make to buy that won't seize after 6 months??

Anthony

Giving it a sharp whack will possibly get it going again, but I'm not sure that I'd have much faith in it continuing to function longer term.

What brand was the pump and housing you bought?  I'm guessing that it's some pattern brand and doesn't contain an OE type Bosch pump?

ladderboy

IT was a cheap pattern one. Got it going by giving it a whack, but it stopped again soon after. Opened it up out of interest. Corroded as hell, piece of sh1t. Bought a Bosch one now :-). Thanks dude.