• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

bashbarnard

Bash's 205 xud build

bashbarnard

Hello everyone. Im new. well sort of i was on here about 6 years ago and also used to be a member of 306oc for a while so some of you might recognise the username. Ive massively been into xuds for a while now had a few in various configurations now.  However ive never had the opportunity to do this. Something that sparked my love of xuds. If youve ever seen the build joey on here and 306oc that was it. 

So anyway the opportunity arose when i needed another svo car. So i promptly sold the 2007 plate fiesta I had as a daily and delved into many ads of 205s. This one came along from a fellow 306ocer. It was bought for a stag do to Scotland and then was driven back and left in a workshop. The bloke had planned to do a xud7 turbo lump into it and had full stdt running gear on the front end with it. So a deal was struck and it made its way onto a friends transporter and on the way back. This was it when i went to view and put the engine in the back to get her home. 

IMG_20181021_113905.thumb.jpg.b6730dc787974df5d0c37420fc863f28.jpg

IMG_20181021_113854.thumb.jpg.dea606812ded21550efe3c505116a79b.jpg

So anyway it came back and i booked it into its mot a week tuesday. Plenty of time to whip the engine out and check round. So i set about pulling the engine out. IMG_20181021_165522.thumb.jpg.71e183c3b7495aec3df476c53f3ea3f0.jpg

IMG_20181025_182801.thumb.jpg.7e875b0860a1195217dd610f3a2d6146.jpgIMG_20181025_182847.thumb.jpg.5f869cabc430e5b6f8fd5f2687c3347e.jpgIMG_20181025_182938.thumb.jpg.7a5685f48e3f3fb574d2b5057e44f7b0.jpg

so as it stands at the moment the turbo engine is now in the car and wierd up. We test fierd it last night and it ran on what little diesel we gave it.  Ive done the "small" piece of welding as well. IMG_20181024_202416.thumb.jpg.ee94e46bea3789e38e8d11aca774c7ea.jpg

Due to time constraints its a get on the road and running before we worry about performance and looks. Though it needs a bloody good paint! something ill get sorted at some point i guess. 

barneys66

Welcome to the forum - watching!

bashbarnard

Bit of an update on this. It's now Insured moted taxed and on the road. Had a few issues. Mainly with air ingress and a dead fuel pump. A fuel pump has been built for it to go on by myself. It's a combination of an old jx T3 camper pump and pug parts. Once it made the road the feckin heater matrix blocked up. So that's been replaced as well. Managed to find a genuine Peugeot one. Need to still do loads but here a picture. 

IMG_20181108_072522.jpg

Telf

good work! My work buddies don't understand why I drive around in my ratty GR... then they get in and realise its a bit of a laugh compared to modern stuff!

whereabouts in Suffolk are you? Im over in Kesgrave

Telf

There are quite a few of us around the Ipswich area as it happens

bashbarnard

Ah kesgrave. I used to work near there. Edge of Ipswich for a while. I'm actually based in stowmarket. So not to far. Yeah I like this. It was a nessisty to change to something that will run veg again. I've had a few 205s but am a mass 306 fan as well. Do you do the retro meets at shotly 

Telf

I do yes, several of us on the forum attend. Im currently turning up in a ratty 1.4 GR whilst the GTI undergoes a restoration.

bashbarnard

Nice. I'll have to come to the next one. I'm an xud fanboy through and through. Built so many now. Fast and dailys. I'll have to come say hi at the next meet. 

barneys66

I've chatted to @jackherer about organising a Suffolk ride out one weekend.

As nice as static shows are, and the retro meets are very sociable, but I prefer driving so think there's ample opportunity with the roads around our way to go for an entertaining drive.

Preceded by breakfast / followed by lunch of course..

One for 2019.

jackherer

It definitely needs to happen!

It might be worth starting a regional thread, the numbers in this area seem to be going up if anything..

bashbarnard

Well if thats the case maybe we should organise a new year thing?