• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Callum

Standard replacement engine and gearbox mounts

Callum

Amongst a million other things i need to sort out on my gti are the engine and gearbox mounts that need replacing. Would someone be able to let me know the part numbers so i can figure out which ones i need as when i look online it shows loads of different ones and i'm unsure on which i need. I've read a few articles about using unrated bushes but not really sure this is the route i want to go as i fitted a power flex lower gearbox mount on my old 106 and it put a lot of vibration through the steering wheel when on idle but what are peoples thoughts? The car is standard engine wise and its my daily car and i wont be doing track days thanks in advance.

Ozymandis

I used some from fleabay recently, they were SASIC branded, I havent the part numbers, but they were the ones that SASIC say are correct in their literature.

They are fine.

Callum

Thanks how many mounts were there? Would it be possible to get a link I searched "sasic 205 gti engine mounts" but it didn't come up with specific just lots of different mounts 

Ozymandis

Maybe ,I will have a look tomorrow when I`m there.

I got 3 Mountings,

R/H inner wing to block mounting, bobbin with a male thread either end

L/H gearbox hanging mounting

Rear lower mounting bush for the aluminium housing.

I might have the paperwork still.

Ozymandis

Rear SASIC

Gearbox SASIC

Right SASIC

8441421QC

• Like 1

SootySport

I’ve been using Mister Auto ( on line French company) for my parts.  They have OE and alternative brands available.  The website is in English which helps.

DamirGTI

Been using Sasic mounts/bushes for quite a while .. no complain what so ever , Kleber makes rubber parts for Sasic , so it's like an OE part repacked for half the price .

D

Edited by DamirGTI