• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Cobalt_drill_bit

Terminal extractor kits

Cobalt_drill_bit

Hi guys,

Ok, so the majority of the terminals in the 205 are the 5x0.8mm of the TE Mark 3 series from TE Connectivity. Yes there where some company takeovers and initially it was AMP.

As tooling from TE is excessively expensive I learned that there are also some general terminal extractor tools on the market from ebay and Amazon specific for automotive looms.

Does someone know of a terminal extractor kit that would contain the shape from TE 484127-1?

Thanks, Maarten

boldy205

I have no idea what all the types areally,  however I know blue point make a multi tool type kit, which hasn't let me down yet.

matty_gti

I just use a cheap pick set by silverline, works a dream.

Andy

Hi. I am using a slightly modified watchmakers screwdriver to remove the terminals. I then made the mistake of going to Peugeot to get replacement pins. They do come in at least 3 different sizes to suit different gauges of wire but were probably more expensive than the TE ones referred to above 

Gavin Waddell

Hey Maarten 

im about to redo a loom and was wanting to change the connectors. Would you be able to put a link to the Te page where you got your connectors from.

thanks Gavin

Cobalt_drill_bit
23 hours ago, Gavin Waddell said:

Hey Maarten 

im about to redo a loom and was wanting to change the connectors. Would you be able to put a link to the Te page where you got your connectors from.

thanks Gavin

Hi Gavin,

Ok, you're still talking about the 5 x 0.8 mm (measured on male tabs) Quick Disconnect terminals?

These terminals are for the multiplug housings like these:

https://www.digikey.com/short/pt2ccn

If the link does not work, go to www.digikey.com, enter "TE 142681" in the main search field and you get there also.

For the terminals I went for Phosphor bronze ones:

TE 142685-3 for small wire diameters and

TE 142686-1 for bigger wire diameters.

Just enter that in the digikey search field and you get to the products and you can order from digikey as a private individual no problem, even if you just want to order 1 single terminal. Go over £33 of stuff and you get free shipping.

Regarding this topic you have to be willing to study boring details to see if everything is compatible. Like a suitable crimping tool and a properly sized wire, also take care the insulation diameter of the wire is not too small for the terminals you intent to use. Modern wires have smaller insulation diameters than old-fashioned wires but many terminals are still for old-fashioned wires.

Kind regards,

Maarten

Gavin Waddell

Thanks Maarten 

im going to go through my loom and make a list of everything that I need and take it from there.

thanks gavin