• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Doc 205

Seat leather reconditioning

Doc 205

Hi folks. 

I recently had the central material panels on my grey half-leather seats professionally cleaned (by a carpet cleaner- great tip by the way!). They were pretty grubby but look excellent now.

I’m now turning my attention to the leather on the seats. There are 3 or 4 panels that will need completely replaced (foam exposed), and have got a decent quote. However, there are other bits of leather that probably don’t need completely replaced, but do look a bit scuffed and scored. 

Any recommendations on a product (wax/polish/rub) that might cover some of these scuffs? Or am going to have to either live with these bits or bite the bullet and have them replaced ?!

Cheers. 

Rob_the_Sparky

Personally I'd go the whole hog but on my original seats I've used Gliptone products and been happy with them but then I've only used one product so a long way from expert!  Maybe worth chatting to your upholsterer?

Doc 205

Great, thanks Rob. I’ll take a look. Would love to have got the seats totally redone, but I was being quoted almost 4 figures, which I thought was a bit excessive. Especially since they aren’t in too bad condition.