• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
K20205

Where can i get a replacement of this?

K20205

Hi, 

ive been removing my old rear brake lines  which runs off an ap racing bias valve and when i was removing one of the fittings it started to cross thread and now ive damaged it and trying to find out what its called and where to source one from.

Would anyone know where i can get a new one from?

Thanks

E3BBAA50-5F9B-4001-B379-5F71160A9434.jpeg

078A67D2-1015-4498-BE3D-F8D963A61EAD.jpeg

008A25DE-D9DB-42D0-87A2-6756BE894645.jpeg

Edited by K20205

welshpug

looks like a -3 an to m10 x1.0 thread fitting, bulkhead type looking at its length.

Edited by welshpug

K20205
5 minutes ago, welshpug said:

looks like a -3 an to m10 x1.0 thread fitting, bulkhead type looking at its length.

I think your right because i found one on ebay looks identical and i think most use same dimensions as its for brake lines.

K20205

I got a question, the original peugeot brake compensator is still plumbed in this bias setup is this the right way or should it run straight from the brake master cylinder to the ap racing valve and then to the rears.

can the oem brake compensator be can bypassed?

the way it is right now:

brake master cylinder -> oem rear compensator-> ap racing bias valve -> then splits into the rear brakes.

Edited by K20205

pug_ham

If your car has the oe brake compensator in the engine bay, I take it your car is / was a 1.6 GTI.

With the ap bias valve in the system, you don't need the oe one.

The brake line should run straight to the ap bias valve from the master cylinder & then to the rear brakes.

g

K20205
8 hours ago, pug_ham said:

If your car has the oe brake compensator in the engine bay, I take it your car is / was a 1.6 GTI.

With the ap bias valve in the system, you don't need the oe one.

The brake line should run straight to the ap bias valve from the master cylinder & then to the rear brakes.

g

Yes its a 1.6gti.

so i can just remove that and run a line straight to from master cylinder to the bias valve?

no need for the oe compensator?

pug_ham
14 hours ago, K20205 said:

Yes its a 1.6gti.

so i can just remove that and run a line straight to from master cylinder to the bias valve?

no need for the oe compensator?

Yes.

g