• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Clemmo

Rebuild of 205 mouldings ???

Clemmo

Hi all. I am currently rebuilding a Peugeot 205 GTI and have a mixed opinion in the mouldings. Are they supposed to black or grey ?? Also are the door handles and mirrors supposed to match the trims on the outside I.e. quarter panel/ bumper trims ???

AlexRS2782

Post up what year / reg your GTI is and i'm sure you should be able to get an exact rundown on what yours should be from the users on here :)

Edited by AlexRS2782

davemar

If it's any help my 1989 F-reg has grey trim. Trouble is my trim has enough shades of grey to make an erotic novel.

Without wanting to hijack the thread, some of my trim has been painted with grey paint, and I would like to remove it, but don't trust paint stripper on plastic. I tried DOT4 brake fluid, and it removed a tiny bit, but not enough to be useful. Other option would be to paint all the trim so it all matches.

jackherer

It is grey until September 1990 when it changed to black.

That is the date of manufacture, there are cars registered after that date that were made earlier so you need to check the VIN on servicebox or http://205gti.info/vin/vin.htm

Edited by jackherer

Harrybowling
On 10/9/2018 at 10:46 PM, davemar said:

If it's any help my 1989 F-reg has grey trim. Trouble is my trim has enough shades of grey to make an erotic novel.

Without wanting to hijack the thread, some of my trim has been painted with grey paint, and I would like to remove it, but don't trust paint stripper on plastic. I tried DOT4 brake fluid, and it removed a tiny bit, but not enough to be useful. Other option would be to paint all the trim so it all matches.

Have you tried a plastic dye. I used a black plastic dye for my bumpers and ended up using it on the interior as well, pretty sure they did a dark grey dye as well. Probably won’t work unless you manage to get the paint of first.