• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Weser

Alternative trim clips

Weser

Hi all. I'm putting my Gti back together after some paintwork. I need some of the trim clips to fit the front ring trim. The ones around the arch and the three xmas tree ones. I thought I saw a while back someone had found some good alternative clips to fit this back with but I can't find the post. Anyone remember it? 

I don't want to be spending loads on a trim fitting kit on eBay if there is a better way. 

Weser

No one putting trims on anymore?

I could do with getting this sorted asap so I could get the gti out for the last nice days of the year. I have read about wurth clips anyone got any links? Or links where I can just buy some individual trim clips?

Really appreciate a bit of help my searches are not turning much up.

Wallby

Are these the ones you need? I may have some spare.

B7077A1C-6BA5-4887-A619-832B20E60D27-769-00000091B698DCF2_zps86c16fa1.jpg.57048af4a28970a573e2a0ba9e974721.jpg

Weser

No, not those ones I'm afraid. Thanks though.

After the ones circled in red the ones that hold the black or grey wheel arch trim on. Or an aftermarket non-standard equivalent that works just as well. 

Trim Clips.jpg

Weser
57 minutes ago, Nobbly said:

The Peugeot museum do those in a kit for less than eBay, i got a couple of them a short while back - I will find you the part number when I'm home

https://www.pieces-de-rechange-classic.com/gb/

That would be great thanks.

sp_en_ny

I have literally just yesterday put all my trim back on after having it painted. When fitting the trim I never used any of the white plugs on the left hand side of the photo underneath the black washers or the two white plugs situated between the rivets and black plugs. Have I used the wrong bits to put it back on ?

Weser

I will be honest I am not exactly sure where they all go. The two clear/ white ones I believe are the ones that goe through the trim and then the red insert clips into them. The white ones are for the third hole near the previously mentioned clips I think. I thought the white ones under the black washers are the ones that go through all the arch holes. I am not 100% though so maybe someone can clarify. 

Weser

Just on another note I have signed up to the peugeot museum and am trying to add an address to my account - for some reason I cant find GB/UK etc as a country. What are people putting down? 

Nobbly
23 hours ago, Weser said:

for some reason I cant find GB/UK etc as a country. What are people putting down?

Royaume Uni = UK -  I had to email them about the delivery options, apparently the correct option is 'pick up in store'.  Sounds like you need to drive to France, but apparently this is correct :blink:

The clips are P/N 6944 44 and were 39 Euros per side last December.  Currently £55 delivered on eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/0GENUINE-Peugeot-205-GTI-CTI-Wheel-Arch-Trim-Fixing-Kit-Fixings-Clips-Rivets/251986088885?_trkparms=aid%3D444000%26algo%3DSOI.DEFAULT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20170221122447%26meid%3D9ed394d4d7ea471f901d8cd5705f3474%26pid%3D100752%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D6%26mehot%3Dag%26sd%3D251097210143%26itm%3D251986088885&_trksid=p2047675.c100752.m1982

44061455074_1318907f18.jpgIMG_3531 by David Noble, on Flickr

Weser

Awesome thanks

I'll have a look.