• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Andy Willis

Rev counter help!!!

johnyma22

I have a scope in my shop in Bradford if you wanna come down at use it at some point.

hoodygoodwood

I had a similar problem with my 309 , i have a 1905cc 8v engine running on an Omex ECU , when i fitted a standard 309 GTI instrument binnacle the rev counter would not work . I called Omex and they sold me a 'tacho driver' for about £25 , it has 4 wires - positive and negative voltage , signal in and signal out . Rev counter now works fine as the ECU output which was too weak is being boosted . 

Telf

I dont know if you solved your problem but I do know the solution offered by jackherer works as I made one for about £1. It does buzz at the frequency of the current RPM so mount it in your engine bay!( Where mine will be rehoused to shortly)

Andy Willis

Update:

thanks to all who commented and helped with this, I have now got a working tacho using the spoox kit which utilises and concerts the ecu tacho signal.

the issue I had was someone had removed the +VE feed to the tacho, my blue tacho plug only consisted of an earth and said ecu tacho feed!

pug_ham

Cool, it was almost bound to be something simple & obvious like that, glad you've fixed it.

g