• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

OskPug

making my 205 more fun

OskPug

Are there any ways to (for not too much cash) to make my 1.6 auto more fun? 

For a bit of context I'm new to cars so don't have endless knowledge as Im sure a lot of you do. 

I've given my pug a service and changed the timing belt and now want to mess about with the more performance related parts. 

After a very small amount of research these are the things I can see to change/upgrade that might help eek out slightly more fun/power/handling...

- lowering springs

- upgraded exhaust 

- carb/injection (lack of knowledge really starting to get in the way with this sort of thing)

Im sure there are way more options, but this is what I have come across so far.

So the real question... If I was to propose a £500 budget to make either one big change or a few smaller bits and pieces what would everyone recommend?

Bear in mind I have very limited experience with cars but i'm more than willing to take on a challenge and learn new stuff!

Biggles

Probably not helpful (due to the amount of work) but how about a manual gearbox ?  Fun and auto 'box  don't go together IMHO.

Tom Fenton

Won’t be a popular answer on here but to be honest what I’d do is go spend your £500 on a 206 GTI. They are dirt dirt cheap at the moment to the point that you can probably get a reasonably nice one for £500. It will far outperform your 1.6 auto 205 whether you spend your budget on it or not.

• Like 1

Batfink
18 hours ago, Biggles said:

Probably not helpful (due to the amount of work) but how about a manual gearbox ?  Fun and auto 'box  don't go together IMHO.

and the old Peugeot ones are some of the worst I've ever driven. My 1.9 gentry was dull as anything.

boldy205

If u like rhe car then How about a set of uprated springs and dampers , then when u realise u like it, rip the engine and box out to swap it for something quicker?

Or, to be honest, do what Tom said.

SootySport

Yep,  hard to make an auto box car “fun”.  

Ozymandis

Try smoking a nice pipe of crystal meth before driving it, that will make it a lot more fun, because the only other way is to get a diferent car. Dont waste money on "turdobrite" mods, because its just a shiny turd after all the polishing

On 9/2/2018 at 7:50 PM, Tom Fenton said:

Won’t be a popular answer on here but to be honest what I’d do is go spend your £500 on a 206 GTI. They are dirt dirt cheap at the moment to the point that you can probably get a reasonably nice one for £500. It will far outperform your 1.6 auto 205 whether you spend your budget on it or not.

This.