• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Max

Headlamp escapes

Max

Hi Guys,

so thought I'd take the gti out for a spin last night as a nice evening....

pulling up to a junction on a quiet country road and the driverside headlamp decides to fall out! unfortunately it smashed into a fair few pieces which I spent forever cleaning up.

any ideas where the best place to get them from is?

had a look on ebay, just not sure if they are any good...

Thanks

Max

AlexRS2782

It's been a while since I looked into standard headlamps (been on Morette's a few years now) but I remember that Valeo or Lucas were the preferred brand for replacements a few years back, but i'm not sure what the current availability / production situation is with those.

I remember a couple of years ago you could get replacements via ECP or GSF, but I have seen posts on here before where users had ordered / received them and been a bit dubious of the quality as I guess they just buy x brand in bulk rather than the old days of various different brands.

It might be worth a thread in the wanted section as well just incase one of the guys on here has one in their spares.  Unfortunately headlights aren't one of the spares I've got left in my loft :(

Edited by AlexRS2782

Ozymandis

I bought some Hella branded ones from a stock clearence on ebay and they were the later style Valeo ones in the boxes.

I cant find any new ones worth having any where now, the Lucas branded ones are an acceptable copy of the late Valeo ones presumng you can find any.

All the ones on ebay I saw were left hand drive ones be careful not to accidentally get them.

The muck GSF sell are  Chi/Com pattern parts and dont fit well. They arent e marked.