• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Skipper4409

Is it worth it ? And should I buy it

Skipper4409

Hi all total newbie to this site, but in need of some advice , got the chance to buy a h reg 1.9 gti sorrento green (original)  MORM paintcode, the only downside is been sat 5 years needs full respray and seats reupholstered as well as all trim putting back on the car, seller told me fuel pump packed in when he parked it up all that time ago, the car literally looks like an old wreck but Im thinking of getting it back to as good as possible condition but to keep for myself not to sell on, its done 93k Miles with lots of service history, wanting to know is it worth the price tag of £2500 ??? Ive looked online an the prices seem all over the place, thanks in advance 

Telf

pictures please... but £2500- you can buy one running with MOT for that

Skipper4409

Will get some later , and I just thought it was a bit special and rare being the original Sorrento Green but your right I’ve seen a few online now In different colours for decent money . So not sure which route to take 

welshpug

sounds like a £500 car to me not a £2500 one!!

unfortunately there are people out there that will pay that and perpetuate the silly prices.

I would ask them to put a new pump on and mot it, only then would I contemplate buying it at any decent price.

Edited by welshpug

dcc

Hard to say without seeing condition. 2500 is not much for 1 these days

jeremy

Potentially you could end up buying a complete box of spanners. For that price it needs to be seen running with an MOT. Just with the limited details you could easily double the price putting those things right.

Biggles

Where's it been sat for 5 years ?  If it looks they way you describe, how solid is it underneath ?... 

I'm with Welshpug.

GLPoomobile

£2.5k? Bwahahahahahhahahahahahahahah. Cloud f***ing coo coo land!

Alastairh

I would want to see the engine running for that sort of money.

yeti-dj

£2500 is a lot of money for a car that's been sat for 5 years and doesn't run.

The rust that could be lurking would be my main concern!