• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Thijs_Rallye

Clearance 406 Brembos and Speedline SL675

Thijs_Rallye

Probably a longshot but here it goes.

Does anyone know if the 406 Brembos will fit within a 15" Speedline SL 675 wheel without spacers? (using 283 Xantia discs, std 205 1.9 GTi hubs)

Speedline_Wheel_675_Type_2012_Acropoli_D

IRISH_MI16

What's the offset on the wheels

Thijs_Rallye

6,5"x15" ET16

IRISH_MI16

Because of the spoke design they might actually be OK. At worst a 2mm spacer will do it

petert

My experience with other 15" wheels is also radial clearance. I had to tweak the piping a tad. I like the front clearance on those wheels!

Thijs_Rallye
4 hours ago, IRISH_MI16 said:

Because of the spoke design they might actually be OK. At worst a 2mm spacer will do it

That one word is exactly my problem :P . It might be ok, I hoped someone was running this actual combo on here.

Since I'd rather not use spacers at all it is going to be an expensive guess.

2 hours ago, petert said:

My experience with other 15" wheels is also radial clearance. I had to tweak the piping a tad. I like the front clearance on those wheels! 

Last time we trial fitted these calipers the inner side of the spokes of our std 1.9 alloy fouled the outside "corner" of the caliper. Only way to get them to fit them was to use 20mm spacers so at that time we opted for keeping our 307 HDi calipers and switch brake pad compound. The geometry and balance in the car is good as it is atm and I don't want to mess it up with massive spacers.

But since we are having heat issues at Zolder which is a heavy track for the brakes we are now re-investigating the 406 Brembo route. I hoped these Speedlines would clear them.

Edited by Thijs_Rallye

IRISH_MI16

Pro race 1.2 might be the way to go then. Can be got in an et you want and also easily available second hand

welshpug

do those come in 4x108?

I thought they were 4x100 renault group A/maxi fitment only, though prima racing recently had some replicas made.

B1ack_Mi16

Found back the old thread I made sometime regarding clearance on Brembos.

What I figured out was to use Renault Espace 3 brake discs, in addition to 6mm distance shim between mounting lugs and caliper, and a 3mm spacer between hub and disc, or 3mm distance ring between hub and wheel-bearing (I did the latter, but safety wise I kinda start to think it is safer with a 3mm spacer between the hub face itself and the brake disc.

At least this modification made it possible to run Speedline SL434s without any spacer.

Bonus is the disc has the right thickness also 28mm opposed to the 283x26 disc I used before.

welshpug

spacer/shim for the caliper isn't a concern as long as suitable bolts are used, better to do that than lose the spigot for centring the wheel.

B1ack_Mi16

I know.  I don't think it was possible to move the caliper 9mm inwards due to clearance between inner disc surface and the wishbone.

Hence a part of the offset had to be to move the disc a bit outwards.

I did chose to install stainless steel spacer rings between the wheel bearing and the hub though, so no problems with the spigot/centering, but I'm a bit more sceptical about the structural integrity of the solution compared to adding a small spacer between the disc and hub instead.

wicked

I think I spotted yesterday some of those Speedlines with Brembo's.

These are 16" and don't know the ET value, but there seems to be plenty of space. 

speed1.thumb.jpg.a0e064372fb4367330fbbf46454e9bdc.jpg

speed2.thumb.jpg.c185b67d9d17668c701ee0fd4a3ff842.jpg