• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DamirGTI

XU10J2 head on XU10J2TE block

DamirGTI

Evening gents !

Need an new head for my 2.0T engine as mine cracked .. been offered an XU10J2 head complete as an replacement , but not so sure - are these 2.0 NA and 2.0 T heads same bar the camshaft ? combustion chamber depth ? something else ?

Thanks

D

camgti

Should be the same. 

The J2 cam is a great upgrade. The best on the standard turbo. 

Can you not measure both while its apart? 

Well worth cutting new seats with 3 angles and cleaning up the throats before install if possible. 

Cam

DamirGTI

I don't have J2 head yet , bought one and i'm waiting for the post man ! then will inspect both the j2 and J2TE .. combustion chamber "cc" is what interests me the most .

Anyways , some say they have different EX valves .. dia. is the same but the 2.0T head has different part number for the EX valve (possibly just different valve head , flat or dished) .. part numbers for the heads are the same bar late model heads (again , possibly just some rework for mounting the plastic air filter- valve cover assembly) ... some say valve gear is different (stronger on the 2.0 NA heads) but the valve springs are all the same part number .

Yeah , will do some porting and 3 angle seats on this J2 head .

D

petert

The exh valves are probably sodium filled. Just run a bit more clearance on the exhaust valves if using J2 valves.

DamirGTI

Found this specs for the 2.0T EX valves :

Material : Bi-metal , Chromed valve stem , Stellite covered valve seat , Valve stem tip hardened ...

Peter , how much more clearance on the J2 exhaust valves ? std. 0.40mm or more ?

I tend to adjust XU 8v engine exhausts @ around 0.30-0.35 .

D

petert

In imperial, I thought they were 0.013-0.018". The wider the noisier it will be. As you suggest, 0.30-0.35mm is normally fine, but it would be prudent to run a normal valve in a turbo engine a bit wider, say 0.40mm as you suggested.

DamirGTI

Righto ! will set the clearances around 0.40-0.45mm.

What kind of head-block combination is an XU10J2U RFW engine from the PSA vans Jumper/Boxer ?

2634648177f7539e365f3ae2907fb6af94a5a6e7

Strangely , the engine is 2.0l iron block but has head with square inlet ports https://www.eurofrance.pl/fr_FR/p/La-Coulasse%2C-2%2C0-8v-RFW-Peugeot-Boxer-Jumper/64471?currency=PLN

.. looks as an XU9 head , so is that 2.0 block with XU9 head or some strange square inlet port variation of the 2.0 head ?!?

D

20five_t

I'm currently getting a turbo engine built  from a combination of  xu10j2te and d6b bits.

its for a 205, so I am thinking to use the d6b head on the xu10 block, so the xu10 head might be going spare.