• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
boldy205

Gti6 rotrex throttle delay

boldy205

Hi, I have a Gti6 with a low boost Lynx Rotrex  kit. I find the throttle response some what delayed, as in if I heel toe to down shift for a corner it takes a good stab at the throttle to get the revs up, very different from the previous non blown  set up with carbs. I have the same delay if I rev the engine at the throttle body (therefore cancelling out the throttle pedal)

Is this something this set up does, because if the long intake route between throttle body and actual engine?

Thanks!

Matt

James_K

I have a rotrex charged gti6 and have never noticed a delay on mine. I suppose intercooler pipework length might be a factor. My intercooler is mounted high up and very close to the charger, couldn't get any shorter distance. 

Daxed

Mine is charged. Had a low rpm flatspot with a mech only VSS. Dual output VSS to Ecu solved the issue. 

allanallen

They’ll never be great due to the throttle body position. 

j_turnell

I run the same setup, not noticed a delay, but its certainly not as sharp as when it was on bodies. I'm moving my TB to the end of the inlet.

boldy205

I'd guess it's not the VSS,  as its not a flat spot as such, more just a delay. 

As stated I guess it's just a fact tha the intake length is so long now. 

Do more advances set ups have the throttle body nearer the intake manifold?

Thanks

Matt

boldy205

J Turnell: Do you mean put the TB at the manifold end?

j_turnell

Yeah, quite a few run it this way, just means you need a dump valve or alike. I run a ttv flywheel on mine also so it still picks up quickly. I don't like the friction fit on the end of the charger so looking to change and tig the ally adapter onto the inlet and then bung the filter straight onto the charger.

allanallen
11 hours ago, boldy205 said:

I'd guess it's not the VSS,  as its not a flat spot as such, more just a delay. 

As stated I guess it's just a fact tha the intake length is so long now. 

Do more advances set ups have the throttle body nearer the intake manifold?

Thanks

Matt

They do yes, I’m not sure the standard management is capable of running it with the throttle body on the inlet though, hence it’s where it is in the first place. 

boldy205

Ah, right, I guess it's that the TB will get confused as its going to be seeing positive pressure if Its on the intake manifold. 

welshpug

throttle body wont but the original ecu and map sensor dont read boost, only vacuum.