• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

commievid

GTI6 rev counter loom issue

commievid

Hi all,

Getting a bit desperate as I have no idea what the heck I've done.

A few months back, the rev counter on my GTI6 was starting to go a little haywire, and will usually be fine for the first 15 minutes of a drive, then jump up and down after a certain amount of revs. After a few weeks of this, it would then just flat out die and stay at 0.

I've rummaged through the wiring and it looks like it went into a small black box, containing a resistor and I assume are diodes.

I decided to just simply order a loom from Spiky, and set about just using chopping and changing it, assuming it would be like for like.

However, I've done something wrong, as when I start the car, it looks like the rev counter is about to come to life but then dies immediately after and staying at 0.

Wasted the whole day on this, and don't know whether there's some quirk with the previous box, or whether I've installed it wrong, or whatever.