• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie-Van-GTi

Door card query

Richie-Van-GTi

Has anyone ever seen this doorcard or even better have them? Never seen them before but think they would be correct for my phase 2 1.6 with grey carpet and black/red material seats.

205 GTI interior monaco tweed trim.jpg

Tom Fenton

Only the very late cars had them, sometimes called Ph2.5. Post 1992 I think, but I'm sure someone will tell you. But if yours is 1991 as per your signature, then it wouldn't have come with those door cards originally.

Anthony

As Tom says, they came on the very late cars - typically K and L-plate 1.9 GTI's with CAT's produced from late-1992 onwards.  Available in both red and green check to compliment the seats, depending on the paint colour.

Phase 2 309 GTi's had a very similar looking doorcard, the main difference being the shape of the speaker grill.   These were far easier to find when 309's were more plentiful, but probably not so much these days I'd guess.

Richie-Van-GTi

Thanks, I will shelve the idea of looking for some, even though 2 people have got some on facebook. Will battle on looking for the correct front cards for mine. Any ideas what it should be for a phase 2 with grey carpet and black/red fabric seats?

Anthony

It shouldn't have grey carpet if it's a 1991 Phase 2 - in terms of GTi's, grey carpet was on the Ph1.5 limited edition Miami and Sorrento models, and the late Phase 2.5 cars.

If yours is a regular Phase 2 model, then depending on the paint colour, it should have either red or green carpet, with black doorcards with matching coloured carpet and strip.

Richie-Van-GTi

I was told many moons ago by a main dealer that the phase 2 was supplied with red carpet as standard until 92 after which it became an option, but pre 92 phase 2 did have other the option for grey carpet from new. The only colour option not available weas green as it was restricted to the sorrento and special editions. The reason I didnt question the car coming with a grey carpet (although I have since bought a better condition grey carpet).

Is there anyway to find out for sure, does anyone have access to old sales brochures and option packages etc?

Edited by Richie-Van-GTi