• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Beeluff

Electronically upping a 1.9xu idle by 500 rpm

Beeluff

Thanks for the input Forbes..... that sounds like what the guys on here have suggested?....

but intead of a manual tap, using an electronic air solenoid so we can use 12v instead of turning a tap..... 

your theory is spot on tho..... :)

• Like 1

Beeluff

So far I’ve fitted the two T pieces into the pipe just behind the afm and the pipe leading to under the inlet manifold?.... they are what I think are in parallel with the sad valve.... 

ive capped them both off for now.....

but the car now wont idle when cold lol!!!... I don’t know if my tee pieces have caused a reduction of air flow to the sad valve? Or if something else silly is being overlooked lol....

im going to have a look again later, but for now I’ll draw a pic to show people what I mean :)

F1428EA6-53AD-41D7-BE42-595F604563C1.jpeg

Beeluff

I’m not sure if them 2 tees restrict air flow that would normally flow through the SAD?? 

They are 16mm O.D and 13mm I.D so knock the internal size of the pipe down by 3mm.... 

either that or ive knocked something when putting them in and caused a problem.

i am going to get the car running correctly again before installing the valve.

Beeluff

I’ve just finished installing this air solenoid in, and it definitely works to raise the rpm. 

It went from 800rpm with the valve closed and to 2000rpm with the valve opened (energised)...... so now just to fit an air screw to fine tune the rpm and I should be away!!!

thanks for all your help and advice !! :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00C7P4SAE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_Il.nBb51PTFWR

Beeluff

Finished now.

thanks for everyone’s help!... the car now idles around 1000 rpm with or without the air con on :)

the air gap needed in the link was about 5mm..... 

The 5mm gap seemed to up the rpm from 1000rpm to 2000rpm in test without the compressor calling for demand, so I thought that would be too much??.... but with the compressor on it seemed to wipe that 2000 rpm down to the 1000 rpm I was looking for..... 

now just to find a few places to go! :)

Thijs_Rallye

Good to hear you succeeded!

Henry Yorke

Bit of a late entry and I have not read all the comments in detail, but the aircon 205's have a solenoid which is tapped into the top of the throttle body.  When you press the button for aircon, it fires the solenoid and lets more air in to raise the idle.  I have an aircon'd 205.  If you want to see one locally to you @Beeluff then go along to the PSC Leicestershire meet as @stee 1FM is the group leader there and has an airconed one too.

Beeluff

Hi Henry, thanks for the reply!.... I did wonder how the factory ones worked, I’d seen there was a second groove on the pully the accelerator cable is attached to, and wondered if that was anything to do with the factory aircon?..... 

but yes I’d like to go to the Leic meet.... I didn’t know there was one, where can I find info on it? Or shall I message Stee 1fm??? :)

jackherer
1 hour ago, Beeluff said:

I’d seen there was a second groove on the pully the accelerator cable is attached to, and wondered if that was anything to do with the factory aircon?..... 

That's for a kick down cable on an automatic gearbox.

Beeluff

Thanks jack!! Only just read this, but it’s always good to know what everything is for :)