• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ozymandis

MOT nonsense

Ozymandis

I took our diesel hack for its MOT a couple of weeks ago, oh dear.

Due to the new rules VOSA are doing snap inspections all over the place, guess who were there when I walked in and who`s car was going to be used? 

Mine.

The twats took 2 hrs desperatley trying to find something wrong, tape measures everywhere measuring stuff trying to find fault. needless to say it failed, I then took off the tow ball and it passed. I also realised afterwards they prised up my boot mat clips and messed up the tarry fibrous sound proofing mat pulling it up to see the boot floor, am pissed off about that but i shant do anything about it. But when they start pulling up your floor coverings its a bit much.

SootySport

They're not supposed to remove anything from the car, the floor can be inspected from the underside.   Didn't know about the tow ball thing, would it be ok with the proper cover?

Ozymandis

I know they arent supposed to remove anything, thats what peed me off.

They didnt like the tow ball and failed it because it "obscures the numberplate" for the cameras!

Its in the standard peugeot place as factory fitted at first sale. doesnt comply with the current regs it seems.

Mikey S
On 6/13/2018 at 1:53 PM, Ozymandis said:

I took our diesel hack for its MOT a couple of weeks ago, oh dear.

Due to the new rules VOSA are doing snap inspections all over the place, guess who were there when I walked in and who`s car was going to be used? 

Mine.

The twats took 2 hrs desperatley trying to find something wrong, tape measures everywhere measuring stuff trying to find fault. needless to say it failed, I then took off the tow ball and it passed. I also realised afterwards they prised up my boot mat clips and messed up the tarry fibrous sound proofing mat pulling it up to see the boot floor, am pissed off about that but i shant do anything about it. But when they start pulling up your floor coverings its a bit much.

Refuse and walk out. They have zero authority to keep you there if you don’t want to be. 

The new Mot’s are complete and utter tosh anyway. We’ve really been struggling to explain to customers what there vehicles have failed on or being advised on. The new mot failure categories are so poorly written and organised, we are thankful they have had the decency to put in a search bar because you can’t find anything in there. 

Another case of implementation by someone who has no idea how or what an mot is about:rolleyes:

toolie72

My Landy failed on a nick on a balljoint rubber, balljoint was still perfectly serviceable. An advisory on a vehicle which obviously gets maintained would have sufficed (was probably me using a bar on it to check anyway!)tch

when I look at other motors on the road I’m like wtf, mouldy headlights,gaffer taped doors,exhausts hanging off and my personal favourite the x5s with bald tyres

Ozymandis
3 hours ago, toolie72 said:

nick on a balljoint rubber

Thats been a failure for a while now, doesnt matter if the joints still good.

Biggles

SuperGlue.  Works a treat.

GLPoomobile

Your choice but I think you should complain. They need to be held to account for not doing their job properly. It's quite one thing for an MOT station to either not follow the rules, implement the test correctly or downright try and screw a customer, but quite another (and unjustifiable) for actual VOSA/DVSA employees to get it wrong.

Edited by GLPoomobile