• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Daxed

Refitting Scuttle Panel - How?

Daxed

The first 20 mins of my planned full weekend on the car in prep for the Retro show next weekend has got off to cracking start... It's painfully obvious I could continue trying to fit the plastic scuttle panel until it gets dark and still be no further ahead.

Is there a knack to getting the plastic back under the bottom windscreen seal? Start at one particular end? Start in the middle? Use a cable as in fitting a screen? Pray to any particular deity?

Any advice gratefully received as a refit without further damage would be rather nice.

Telf

I just lift the corner of the seal and wiggle it in. The panel needs to not be screwed down. A bit of soapy water also helps.

Use a non metallic implement to assist it under the seal- its easier if the windscreen wiper arms aren't fitted.

That's how I do it at least

• Thanks 1

Daxed

Cheers Telf, wiper arms off, panel loose, trim tools in hand. Hoping soapy water is the missing ingredient. 

Daxed

Lubricant made all the difference. Straight on in 2 mins. 

Thanks again. 

• Like 1

Telf

its all about the lube!:D

Daxed

And the 2 mins sums me up well.