• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

jassi

Hey Guys

I'm looking for recommendations for a set of brake pads for my Clio Williams mainly for track days although will be driving to and from the track. I believe the Williams pads are same / similar to 205 GTI? Only pads I've seen available are EBC Green, Red, Yellow and Blue, Ferodo DS2500 and 3000, Tarox Corsa's and Carbon Lorraine RC5+ and RC6.

Thx

Gaz205

I'm taking a 172 cup to the ring in a couple of weeks, brembo HC discs, and standard brembo pads, HEL lines and Dot 4 have transformed it. I think it's a fair setup to be honest. 

Are they available for yours?

the other option is upgrade the brakes to kangoo or Megane / Clio 1*2 ones then the options increase 

allanallen

I’d go with something a bit hotter, cheaper end of the scale mintex m1155s are good, I’ve used these on road, circuit and in my rally car and they’re very good for the money, work from cold and not too bad on dust either. 

Mintex f4r are exceptional pads but are much more expensive and will shower your car in sparks which embed in your paintwork.... 

fee folk on here rate the CL pads but I’ve no experience with them. I’ve had bad experiences with EBC so I’d never use them again. 

Edited by allanallen

jassi

It looks like EBC are marmite with some people rating them and others wanting to avoid so may give them a miss. Unfortunately cant get Brembo HC discs for a Williams / Valver. The CL's are £200+ which is a bit much for a bit of trackday fun so just leaves either of the DS and Tarox Corsa's. Will have a look at the Mintex options. I had some Axxis Ultimates on a MX5 which were great but unfortunatley also not available. 

Tom Fenton

You won’t go wrong with DS2500’s.

Bakes100
3 minutes ago, Tom Fenton said:

+1

Wallby
3 hours ago, Tom Fenton said:

+2

Biggles
11 hours ago, allanallen said:

Mintex f4r are exceptional pads but are much more expensive and will shower your car in sparks which embed in your paintwork.... 

I've not noticed mine showering the car with sparks.  Awesome pads indeed but eye-wateringly expensive and probably a bit OTT unless the car has some serious mods.

Daxed

Another vote for 1155 here, good all round 

Batfink

The best race compounds use a metallic or semi metallic blend to cope with higher generated temperatures. The standard disc size is not big and nor is the pad size so you have to watch the temperatures you get to. the Ferodo DS2500 are not that great at high temperatures and you may be better off with their DS1.11 compound which are vastly superior and will last twice as long - though more expensive unfortunately.
https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tuning/peugeot/peugeot-205/brakes/peugeot-205-ferodo-race-brake-pads-1-9-gti.html

woodymi16

Have used the DS3000 which are excellent on the track and I'm now using CL which are also very good.

boldy205

I'd go DS3000 over CL 5+ or 5. Much better pedal feel and I find the CLs fell apart and wore very unevenly. 

SweetBadger

Have tried a few over the years.

Mintex m1144, will fade on track

Mintex m1155, take some warming up so not ideal for the road, but good for track work

Ferodo ds3000, very good for serious track / race conditions, also take some warming up. Wear quite quickly, have killed a set in a race weekend.

CL 6, excellent pad, better bite, feel and consistency than the DS3000. Work from cold too. Also better wear rate.