• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Loola

De-stroke a EW10J4s to 1800cc. How?

Loola

Update
I have decided to take the easier way to achieve 1800cc. I will use the EW7 block and crank; bore it out to 83.5mm. The head will be J4s. Pistons are ordered, CR 12:5. Now I am looking at what camshafts to use. I would be glad to hear your opinion about that guys. The car will race in rallycross. At this very moment I am looking at CatCams 4901807 and 4901902. 

Regards

Loola

Loola

When it comes to fueling, I will start with the original but remapped EFI. And maybe move over to carburettors later. The rules do not allow TB:s

Edited by Loola

drmo

I wouldn't go to wild with the cams on your setup. 902 looks like a little bit too much for a 1800cc engine with 35mm intake and 31mm exhaust valves in my opinion, 807 looks better. Take that into consideration.

If you will be using VVT then the only option is catcams, if you decide not using it, then look at the cams for ew10j4 (206 gti engine). They fit without problems and there is a wider range from other manufacturers, the only downside is that the profiles are designed for 28.4mm followers. You can also fit XU10J4RS cams into EW head, but bare in mind, the profiles are designed for 32mm followers (EW10J4S has 30mm)

Loola

Luka, thank you for your opinion!

I will surely take it into consideration.

I will disable VVT

When you say "other manufacturers" do you have some particular in mind?

And maybe a special camshaft?

Regards, Loola