• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Luke

Anyone Bend a Clutch Pedal Before?

Luke

Couldn't have broken down in a nicer spot in the Forest of Dean!

Has anyone else managed to bend their clutch pedal like this? Didn't think my thighs were that strong!

20180521_124444.jpg

20180521_143859.jpg

jackherer

I've never seen that before!

Was it hard to press or anything before it bent?

I assume it's a BE3 (reverse below fifth)? They normally have lighter, more reliable clutch actuation mechanisms than BE1s!

I wouldn't be surprised to hear there is an underlying issue with the clutch arm bushes or cable, or even maybe the release bearing itself.

Luke

BE3.

Not any harder than normal although it could have got steadily worse without me noticing. It does squeak a bit but not much. Just went to press it down and thought something was stuck under it so pulled over and it was bent right over!

It's basically snapped at the pivot point and then the last little bit holding it on just bends.

Going to check it over before getting back out! Anyone got aspare pedal arm kicking around? I'll put up a wanted post in a bit.

Daxed

Is the brake more robust?

Luke

We had a look at it this evening and there is a lot of play in the little plastic bush/spacer thing where the clutch pedal pivots. I think it's been like it for years so each time I pressed down on the clutch it’s been putting pressure at an angle over and over which has weakened it.

At least I hope thats what it is!